Rainey Property Management seeks a Vice President of Compliance to lead and oversee a team of compliance specialists. The Vice President of Compliance will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Low-Income Housing HUD/Tax Credit rules and regulations by overseeing programs, policies, and company practices. Essential duties include but are not limited to: annual and interim recertifications, new move-ins, waitlist management, EIV discrepancies, HUD vouchers, MOR, agency and ownership reporting. This at-will position reports to the Vice President of Operations(Chief Operating Officer).
Benefits and Pay of Vice President of Compliance:
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated salary for this position is $120k depending on experience.
Vice President of Compliance
Vice President of Compliance Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and supervise compliance team to ensure accurate, high-quality work product, and sufficient support to site associates
- Work closely with the site associates and leadership team to ensure regulatory compliance with housing programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with affordable housing programs, complex
finance sources including HUD programs; federal, state and municipal laws and regulations
governing housing and community development projects and programs
- Foster strong interdepartmental relationships with collaborative emphasis on improving, defining and streamlining workflows
- Establish, implement, and monitor effective systems of accountability to ensure compliance and organizational standards are met timely
- Perform routine audits, proactively identify areas of risk and propose strategies for improvement
- Communicate directly with Local Housing Authority and State Agencies concerning compliance, inspections, and successful completion of annual audits
- Assist in the completion of all mass recertifications, acquisitions etc.
- Coordinate the addition of new properties into Rainey’s compliance curriculum and ensure smooth reporting and compliance upon acquisition
- Review government contracts and other regulatory documents to ensure awareness of, and compliance with deliverables, performance requirements, and organizational expectations
- Prepare presentations, disseminate contracts and regulatory requirements, make recommendations to leadership and all stakeholders
- Collaborate with training department to develop and execute people development strategy designed to continually equip new and existing team members with the tools necessary to successfully perform their job functions
- Vice President of Compliance will evaluate and measure processes consistently to ensure best practices, timely file approvals, and prescribe appropriate remedies as system and workflow flaws are identified
- Oversee preparation for annual management reviews (MOR)
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Senior compliance leadership experience and ability to lead, inspire, motivate, and manage a mid-size team – 5 years
- Strong management skills with demonstrated ability to successfully implement change
- Advanced knowledge of HUD/Section 8 Housing knowledge & Low-Income Housing Tax Credit knowledge – minimum 5 years
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple significant priorities, including complex and time sensitive projects, coupled with th ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write policy, and narrative for executive reporting
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executive leadership, government agencies and all stakeholders
- Highly analytical and strategic problem solver
- Ability to measure and utilize data to forecast performance
- Strong computer and technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and similar software, and third-party property management software
- ResMan Property Management Software, Yardi, or Real Page experience a plus
- Must be able to travel (75% travel)
Rainey Property Management, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique personal identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial or disability status.