A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field of study normally required; specialized compliance/bank auditing education and training.
A minimum of two (2) years' experience in banking with specialized knowledge in risk management, compliance, or internal audits normally required. Possesses the ability to effectively perform multiple tasks, duties and jobs.
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative and teaching skills; high analytical ability; a thorough knowledge of as well as all applicable federal, state and local banking regulations; proficient analytical skills and problem-solving ability; excellent computer skills; sufficient ability to provide guidance and training to the Risk Management Analyst.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering all aspects of the bank's CRA and Fair Lending Programs. Responsible for ensuring compliance responsibility and subject matter expertise for the areas of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), and all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with established operating policies and procedures; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records, providing assigned reports, and performing special projects.
1. Performs various Risk Management duties to include but not limited to:
a. Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of the CRA and Fair Lending programs to ensure compliance with all applicable Fair Lending and CRA laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
b. Maintains awareness of, monitors, and analyzes developing trends and regulatory changes relating to CRA and Fair Lending; communicates trends and changes and ensures necessary updates are made to policies and procedures.
c. Performs Fair Lending reviews, including data analysis and testing; develops written reports summarizing results.
d. Develops and implements CRA and Fair Lending training for all employees, officers, and directors.
e. Assesses CRA and Fair Lending risks by conducting periodic risk assessments.
f. Ensures compliance with all applicable CRA reporting, recordkeeping, and disclosure requirements, including identification and documentation of community development activities, data integrity, and annual CRA submission.
g. Performs CRA self-assessments and analyses evaluating assessment area appropriateness; identifies and implements any corrective actions deemed necessary; provides management with timely, meaningful information regarding level of quality maintained, trends and risks identified and provides recommendations for improvement.
h. Establishes CRA and Fair Lending goals and creates action plans aimed at achieving goals; provides ongoing and
timely reporting on the bank's progress and performance.
i. Oversees the bank's complaint management program to ensure all complaints are identified and recorded; ensures
ongoing monitoring of consumer complaints to identify any systemic or material issues; provides ongoing reporting
j. Coordinates and assists in regulatory exams, internal and external audits, and compliance monitoring reviews.
k. Serves as a member of Risk Management Council and regularly apprises board and management of ongoing
compliance efforts relating to CRA and Fair Lending.
l. Performs other duties assigned by management.
m. Adheres to the compliance, security and internal guidelines and requirements for position and applicable
compliance and consumer protection regulations, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
n. Is committed to on-going professional development and actively participates in the bank's training and
development programs and commitment to learning. Successfully completes in-house training programs for
2. Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
3. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from other bank personnel, customers, etc., within
given time frames and within established policy.
4. Maintains appropriate records and provides assigned reports.
5. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an
environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs multiple tasks, duties, and jobs throughout the division, department, or unit which are supportive in nature
to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than two-thirds of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to accomplish tasks.
• Frequently communicates with others to exchange information.
• Constantly moves wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Must be able to assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
• Must be able to occasionally do light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.