Job Title: Host
Job Type: Variable or full-time, hourly
Supervisor: General Manager
Bird Dog Hospitality is a hotel investment and management company that believes in putting people first. Beneath our core business of hospitality lies our purpose of creating lifelong relationships and enriching the lives of all those we provide hospitality to - our team members, guests, and investor partners. Every one of our team members seeks to live and breathe the values that define our culture, the Bird 'Dogma':
The Bird 'Dogma'
- We Put People First
- We Dependably Drive Results
- We Constantly Keep a Positive Attitude
- We Never Stop Improving, Ever
- We Relentlessly Solve Problems
Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining and bar areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure.
Ultimately, you'll ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress's name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and address customers' queries
- Assist wait staff as needed
Server Qualifications / Skills:
- General Math Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Host may be asked to perform.