Position Title Stage Technician
Location Lone Tree, CO
Salary $20.00 - $21.00 per hour
Job type on call
Work is performed at various hours throughout the day, from early morning to late at night, and variously throughout the week. Work commitment can range from a few calls a few times per season to more regular scheduling, based on availability, experience, compatibility and scheduling needs.
Job category Arts and technical
Expected to hire within 2 to 4 weeks
Number of openings for this position 3-6
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBLITIES
The LTAC Production Team is responsible for the production implementation of all events, rehearsals, and some productions which occur at the Lone Tree Arts Center‘s venue in Lone Tree, Colorado. These facilities include our 500-seat theater, an adaptable 200 seat event hall, and a 350-seat outdoor terrace theater.
This on-call, position is responsible for drafting and implementing stage sets and changeovers, handling all production equipment and tending to facilities technology needs. Stage techs set up, operate, and take down equipment and material under the supervision of the Technical.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE CITY
The following essential job functions and examples of duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Safely loads and unloads trucks and trailers carrying theatrical equipment.
- Assembles and carries stage pieces and associated hardware about the stage and/or performance area. Assists in stage set-ups as necessary. Assembles props.
- Assists in setup of stage lighting equipment.
- Perform basic trouble shooting on faulty equipment.
- Assists wardrobe personnel. Irons and steams wardrobe clothing.
- Set up, operate, and maintain:
- Lighting Equipment & Systems
- Sound Equipment & Systems
- Video Equipment & Systems
- Rigging Equipment & System
- Assist clients & invited groups with production related needs.
- Perform basic facility maintenance. (ex. Paint deck, replace house lamps, touch-up wall paint, etc.)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
At least one year of experience or equivalent educational training in one or more areas of live event production; audio, lighting, rigging, video, wardrobe, props, or carpentry.
- Must have knowledge of safety procedures relative to working in a theatrical & construction environment.
- Knowledge of theatrical stage practices.
- Knowledge of stage lighting instruments.
- Basic knowledge of video equipment & Microsoft Power Point.
- Basic knowledge of stage carpentry.
- Ability to make minor sewing repairs.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain follow spots.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, audio mixing and/or lighting design a plus
- Working knowledge of digital audio mixers, amplifiers, and speakers.
- Knowledge of counterweight fly systems and their associated hardware, as well as safety procedures.
- Position requires constant standing, sitting, walking (2-3 miles), climbing, bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, reaching, lifting (min. 50 lbs.), pulling, pushing (up to 200 lbs.), uses wrist motion and finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination, sees, hears, and talks.
- Requires planning, agility, balance, coordination, accuracy, patience, working rapidly, good memory.
- Ability to perform various tasks under adverse/hazardous conditions, work within tight deadlines, amid distractions, listens well, follow directions, attention to details, and distinguish colors.
- Work performed primarily in a climate-controlled environment, but occasionally done outdoors, exposed to the elements.
- Hazards: Exposure to high electrical amperage (400 amps), hot instruments, explosive bulbs, moderate to high levels of noise, theatrical lighting, stage and area smoke, cleaning chemicals, dust particles.
- Work in dimly lit or dark areas, on various flooring surfaces, with different materials and fabrics.
- This role is subject to background check, drug screen and DMV check.
WHO WE ARE
The Lone Tree Arts Center is a professional, innovative and environmentally friendly, LEED Certified venue. Owned and operated by the City of Lone Tree, LTAC has created a dynamic model for the performing arts in both presenting and producing performances for all ages. In addition to producing our own theatrical shows, LTAC presents world-renowned national and international artists, and collaborates with premier Colorado performing arts companies to present their productions in Lone Tree. A 500-seat venue with every seat closer than 60 feet from the stage, LTAC has become a prime location for intimate performances. LTAC is also an important meeting and event rental site for corporate, civic, private, and community arts groups. This state-of-the-art performing arts center is located near I-25 and Lincoln Avenue.
The Citizens of Lone Tree authorized the construction of a new Lone Tree Arts Center in 2008. Included in the Arts Center are a grand entry hall event and gallery space; a 500-seat main stage theater with orchestra and balcony seating, state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems, an orchestra pit, fly space and expertly designed acoustics; and an adaptable 200 seat event hall for intimate performances, events and meetings that opens through a glass wall to a 350-seat outdoor terrace theater.
WHAT WE OFFER
On-call employees receive basic term life insurance in the amount of $10,000, at no cost to the employee, after 6 months of employment. Option to participate in the City's Wellness Program and the Employee Assistant Program, Cura Linc. The City offers PERA. PERA provides retirement and other benefits to the employee of more than 500 government agencies and public entities in the state of Colorado. PERA serves as a substitute for Social Security.