Definition and Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator II - Human Resources, the Assistant Coordinator - Human Resources (Training and Development) is a 3-Year Temporary position and is responsible for developing and implementing training programs and standards for ASI. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to developing and maintaining safety training and certification tracking, job-specific training manuals, supervisor training programs, large-scale annual training events, and performance management systems.
Additionally, all ASI employees are responsible for upholding the core values of the organization including but not limited to exhibiting professional behavior, acting as a role model to others, displaying a positive and cooperative attitude, communicating effectively, developing expert knowledge in area of specialization, and working together as a team.
Educational and Qualifying Experience, Skills, Licenses, Credentials
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university preferred (8 years applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirement).
- Minimum one (1) year professional HR experience, three (3) years preferred that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- General knowledge of office methods, equipment, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer systems.
- Working knowledge of performance management and training tracking software programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Labor Law.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds, specific needs, or limitations.
- Directly supervise Training Student Assistants.
- Facilitate meetings, conduct performance evaluations, establish goals, and monitor day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage training tracking database systems including user accounts, training assignments, and learning paths.
- Facilitate required sexual harassment training for supervisors and employees.
- Audit annual Information Technology Security training records for compliance.
- Develop standards for job-specific training manuals and templates and ensure completion for all ASI jobs.
- Facilitate required Mandated Reporter training for CANRA and optional Mandated Reporter training for Title IX.
- Develop and implement supervisor training program.
- Ensure that supervisors complete the new hire training checklists by required deadlines for all new employees.
- Facilitate annual Student Employee Learning Outcomes (SELO) program.
- Ensure that supervisors complete the new hire safety training checklists by required deadlines for all new employees.
- Assign safety training learning paths as defined by the ASI Safety Committee.
- Facilitate annual Heat Illness Training.
Annual Training Events
- Coordinate annual Full-time Staff Kickoff Training Event.
- Coordinate annual Student Staff Kickoff Training Event.
- Coordinate annual Student Manager Training Event.
- Maintain web-based performance management system.
- Provide support to supervisors on performance evaluation standards.
- Facilitate training on goal setting and providing feedback to employees.
- Conduct annual open enrollment for ASI's Educational Assistance Program.
- Process payment request forms for Educational Assistance Program.
- Verify grades as required for Educational Assistance Program.
- Develop and execute assessment of programs and/or services for areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, setting and implementing goals, evaluating outcomes, and ongoing enhancement.
- Participate in the overall ASI assessment planning and goal setting.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Recommend and support practices intended to eliminate racial, gender, or any other form of bias in processes, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness of one's own biases, comfort levels, and various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Demonstrate effort to understand each person's individual and collective role in creating inclusive environments.
- Commit to continuous learning/improvement in DEI and cultural competence.
- Work with director to review department's policies, procedures, & practices related to DEI and participate in addressing barriers identified.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent ASI on committees as appropriate.
- Serve on the ASI Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Serve on the Student Manager Development Committee.
- Serve on the ASI Safety Committee.
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary.
- Ensure continuous professional development.
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in ASI policy as a condition of their employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a background check (including criminal records) as well as National Address Locater (Social Security Number [SSN] Trace), 7-year County Criminal Search in each county and/or state the applicant lived in based on the SSN Trace, National Criminal Database Search, Name Search, Employment Verification (All employers in past 7 years) and Education Verification (Highest Degree). Credit Reports, Motor Vehicle Record Check and Professional License Verification may also be required based upon the essential functions of the position.
- Pay Range for the Position: $27.70-$44.32/hour
- Starting Rate: $27.70/hour
- Premium Overtime: Yes
- Shift Differential: Yes
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Social Security (FICA)
- Paid State Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Personal Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
Date of Last Equity Review: New position as of 3/25/2023
Date revised: 3/25/2023