JOB TITLE: Retail Specialist STATUS: Non - Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Providence Beverage REPORT TO: Category Director
Merchandise the portfolio of brands in retail outlets (On and Off premise) in accordance with specific company, supplier and brand standards. Support the sales divisions with marketing assistance and owning the execution of selling out. Use negotiating and selling skills to achieve monthly goals.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
Make calls to assigned off premise accounts according to our service policy’s frequency schedule to maximize all displays, signage and visibility, point of sale, warm shelf and cold box opportunities and enhance sell through.
Set merchandising priorities based on acquiring the best display locations to ensure high visibility for both display and signage.
Install displays according to set procedure and specifications
a.) Current POS
e.) Aggressive number of cases
Set shelves in accordance to set procedure and specifications
- Price flow left to right
- Position - reach, eye level, or top
- Shelf tagged
- Identifying and placing innovation/gaps
Responsible for Code monitoring, rotating, communication to manager of close to code and out of code situations and documenting hand slips of picked up or transferred product
Monitor, maintain and improve shelving and cold box placements, including assisting the sales divisions with new placement locations.
Shelf strip all RTD brands and packages in cold box with pricing to maintain positions and market our products
Complete all display bookings, shelf, display, price surveys and other POS materials in On and Off premise accounts within 1 week of booking.
Document all installations with photo in Repsly and Trax
Sell in display opportunities to maximize sell through
Sell in shelf reset to address opportunities within a category
Analyze and asses the categories at retail to provide data on representation
Deliver large promotional kits to on premise accounts.
Maintain a clean, orderly, properly stocked van to maximize efficiency in accounts. Schedule van’s state inspections, oil changes and other maintenance as needed or required by state law.
Make emergency deliveries as directed by manager
Assist POS Warehouse personnel with will calls, POS documentation and storage, retrieval of materials, and loading/unloading single barrel draft units as directed by manager.
Manages route to ensure work priorities are completed in a timely manner.
- Owns retail execution
- Retail samplings held on a monthly basis
- Aggressively seek additional shelf and floor space expansion
- Merchandise and provide visibility to our brands through signage, shelf talkers, shelf compliance and cold box
- Responsible for non dedicated accounts
- Audit and maintain quality assurance (QA) standards for products
- Provide documentation on time and as required to the Category director
- Constant communication with sales representatives to secure opportunities
- Complete shelf, display, cold box survey’s on Repsly and Trax
- Monthly Deadlines: meeting the Trax goals
- A retail specialist is sometimes responsible for performing duties beyond the normal workday
Retail specialist is responsible for having the issued tools with him for every sales call: Screw gun, ladder, staple gun, clipper gun, company phone, camera, etc. – Retail specialist is responsible for replacing issued tools at their own expense.