Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Events Production Assistant. We have one, part-time, temporary, non benefitted position open.
This temporary opportunity will have variable hours. Ideally, candidates will be able available from May through August 2023. The average hours available at the season’s start are 15 hours per week and then peak season would be 30-40 hours per week. This position may be invited to return for fall and winter events with the average shift being 15-20 hours per week with most shifts occurring at night.
This position is responsible for providing general support to the Events, Group Sales, and Concerts units of the Business Development division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide direct onsite support for all production elements of the zoo’s private and public events, including: concerts, tours, dinners, activities, etc.
- Track event status and perform a variety of detail oriented tasks to ensure event preparedness, including conducting weekly communication meetings with the Grounds and Maintenance team leaders.
- Meet event deadlines, projects and targets to keep to an event schedule; participate in problem solving event related issues.
- Provide high quality customer service to guests and internal customers.
- Interact with staff, volunteers, sponsors, and vendors in a professional and ethical manner.
- Perform general office duties such as composing correspondence and maintain event software, files, database entry, dispatch meeting minutes, and reminders.
- Responsible for set up and break down of equipment as needed.
- Provide support for break schedules, crowd control, and responding to radio calls as directed by department leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school and six (6) or more months’ related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, customized databases and technology, and internet research.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and requests at one time.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to work with the public and serve a diverse population.
- Ability to work successfully as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of customers.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Pay: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant. This role is not remote. Successful applicants must live and work in Washington State to perform this role.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is pleased to offer a comprehensive program of group benefits to help maintain your and your family’s health and wellbeing. Temporary employees are eligible for the following:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave Accrual
- Working for an organization that cares about wildlife conservation!
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.