Ohio Christian University’s Trailblazer Academy seeks adjunct faculty instructor to teach Oral Communication dual credit courses within a high school setting, and during daytime hours. Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s degree and 18 hours in the subject area.
**This is an onsite position in the Columbus, Circleville, and/or Lancaster, Ohio areas.
* A minimum of a Master’s degree and 18 hours in Graduate level Oral Communications or Language Arts
* Personal experience teaching Oran Communication coursework
* Interest in working with high school population
* Ability to bring college level subject matter into a learner-centered environment with high school population.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Read College Credit Plus Instructor Orientation Materials
* Attend three hours of mandatory training, online orientation
* Teach College Credit Plus course, using University designated textbooks, materials, and curriculum
* Adhere to academic policies as outlined in the University Traditional Catalog
* Submit student grades via the SONIS database at midterm and final within seven (7) days of
midterm or course completion
* Use Brightspace online platform for assignments, grades, and attendance.
Limitations and Disclaimer
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer