Recently named as one of Northeast Florida’s Top Places to Work, Alliant Engineering, an employee-owned company, is a growing engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and surveying firm with a strong culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. Our employee owners are driven by a commitment to build better communities with excellence and passion. At Alliant we work hard; we have fun; and we love it.
Within our Minnesota and Florida offices, we blend collaboration with integrity and forward-thinking to develop design solutions that address current needs and future aspirations. Internally, we strive to provide a diverse and equitable culture of support and opportunities. Then, it extends outwardly by giving back to charitable organizations in our communities. Alliant Engineering seeks straightforward people who value smart solutions, intelligent discussion, and a collaborative approach to achieving great things. Always humbly confident, we believe in creating work that speaks for itself.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Traffic Engineer in the SE Region, with a desire for a leadership role and has the initiative and network to build a traffic engineering group.
You will join our growing Jacksonville office, a team of about 40 professionals, to help build the Alliant transportation and traffic engineering services in the SE Region. You will have the support of our 60 transportation/traffic professionals in our Minneapolis headquarters to help you deliver projects and market clients that will grow our services in Jacksonville and surrounding region. In this role, you will market the Alliant transportation and traffic engineering brand through your network of transportation professionals, responding to requests for proposals and performing other exciting business development activities. You will also manage projects, lead, hire and mentor junior staff, and coordinate with other professionals in the Jacksonville and Minneapolis offices.
As an experienced traffic engineer, you will independently adhere and apply standard civil and traffic engineering principles and techniques. Your excellent technical, written and oral communication skill will lend your expertise in writing proposals, scopes of work and preparing project budgets, and managing project delivery. Other duties may include:
- Business development and client engagement marketing activities to pursue project opportunities.
- Building a team through hiring and mentoring traffic and transportation engineering support staff.
- Actively participating in professional organizations
- Project management and traffic and transportation project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience
- PTOE Certification Preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- FDOT Experience Preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities, organization and multitasking skills
- Leadership qualifications
At Alliant, we take care of our employees by offering a world class benefit package including:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Generous Profit Sharing, ESOP and 401k Contribution programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Wellness Programs & Competitions
- Generous Annual Leave and Compensatory Time Off programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual work environment
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Community Involvement/Charity Events
- Numerous Employee Focused Events (Lunch & Learns, Office Recreation Room, Quarterly Off-Site Socials, etc.)
The Alliant team is a group of enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals that live the mission of building better communities with excellence and passion. Come and be an employee-owner in an organization that offers an inclusive workplace culture that is uplifting and positive along with an outstanding salary and benefits package.
|We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.