By joining the LifeSource team, you will have the chance to positively impact your neighbors in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin maybe someone in your very own community. The SQL and Reports Developer supports our data team in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the data warehouse.
As a SQL and Reports Developer, you’ll advance our life-saving work by performing the following job duties:
- Create and manage internal and external reporting programs for data quality, accuracy, and validation.
- Support end-to-end data management including, data integration, modeling, and reporting.
- Support and maintain daily ETL processes, development and implementation of Microsoft SQL SERVER 2016 using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and T-SQL using DDL, DML, and DCL commands including performance tuning T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries to improve the database performance and availability.
- Create metrics for data quality and data validation including triggers, notifications, reports, and dashboards for daily customer use.
- Create all types of reports such as crosstab, conditional, drill-down, top N, summary, form, OLAP and sub reports.
- Deploy reports using SSRS with relational, multidimensional data and key-value nonrelational database.
If this sounds like something of interest to you, please click here to review the job description to see if you meet the qualifications. (Please view link on the job posting through our employment page: https://www.life-source.org/lp/employment/)
This position will remain open for 30 days or until filled; however, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the review process will begin right away.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to 4 years of computer science, SQL development, specifically experience with SQL Server (2016 or later), SSIS and SSRS.
- High level of expertise required for complex SQL scripting (merge, cross joins, and procedures) and best practices.
- Experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning and maintenance of database solutions
- Experience of SSIS, Data Warehousing (Star / Snowflake Schema / DAX, key-value nonrelational database)
- Prefer previous experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, BI360, Sisense, or PowerBI) or Report Builder.
- Prefer previous experience with C#, or visual basic.
- Prefer previous experience with Agile Software Development.
- Prefer experience with both Microsoft Analysis Services and tabular model (SSAS).
Why Join LifeSource:
Since 1989, the LifeSource team has worked with our regions’ diverse communities to break down barriers to donation. Bringing a rich diversity of perspectives and experience to our organization at all levels strengthens our ability to serve our community and fulfill our mission. Our values embody how we engage in our work - respect, advocacy, accountability, life and innovation. More information on our continued work toward diversity, equity, and inclusion can be found on our website.
We set our team up for success by providing comprehensive on-boarding, as well as on-going personal and career development. Team members are offered traditional benefits such as health, vision, dental, and life insurance, generous PTO, and 401k matching. We also support our team through non-traditional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, resiliency coaching, and HSA employer contributions.
LifeSource is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming workplace with opportunities for all talent to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of marginalized communities, and non-traditional applicants to apply.