About JSI: JSI Janitorial, Northeast Ohio's leading provider of Janitorial Services, is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team. Named one of the Weatherhead 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Northeast Ohio for 2 consecutive years, JSI is looking to expand our team with a qualified and talented individual.
Job Summary: A Payroll Clerk, or Payroll Administrator, processes employees' paychecks by collecting their payroll data and timesheets. Their duties include verifying employees' work hours and payment through the payroll system, issuing deductions, earnings, and other statements to employees, and updating payroll records regularly.
Skills: This position requires that the candidate undergo an extensive background investigation and drug screening. Excellent organizational skills, coaching skills, communication skills, and time management skills. Candidates must have technical expertise including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook email, and prior third-party payroll processing software. This position requires the ability to follow directions from supervisors, interact in a cooperative manner, and be willing to accept constructive feedback.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States
- Prior SAP or another payroll/timekeeping system knowledge preferred
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining payroll information by collating, calculating, and entering data
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions, and saving deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, leave, compassionate leave, and non-taxable wages
- Calculating payroll liabilities by determining employee taxes, including federal and state income and social security tax, and calculating employer's payments for social security, unemployment, and worker's compensation
- Review wages reported/computed and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of payroll
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Maintaining all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures
- Processing and issuing W-2 forms to employees
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
Location: Cuyahoga Heights, OH - This is not a work-from-home position.
Job Type: Full-Time
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k)
Language: English (Spanish desirable but not required)