Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Employee Job Description
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Reports To: Business Development Manager
At Allegacy, there’s a common thread that runs through all of us. It’s our commitment to doing right and our promise to members to always do the right thing for their wellbeing. Every employee in our organization is accountable to living out our brand in meaningful ways as our promise motivates our beliefs, our behaviors, and the benefits we share together. In order to achieve this state of success, the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position will generate participation in the credit union through on-site enrollments and new company solicitations. Maintain strong relationships with current affiliated companies and frequently attend community events sponsored by Allegacy. This role will be primarily “mobile” in that the majority of time will be spent in the field promoting Allegacy in the communities we serve.
Nature and Scope
Multiple department interaction including: call center, marketing, support services, Allegacy Investment Group, financial centers and Allegacy Business Partners. Frequent travel to potential and existing sponsor companies. Flexible schedules required due to occasional evening and weekend work. Major challenges faced concern educating potential sponsor companies about credit union benefits. Actively attend Chamber of Commerce meetings and other community-based meetings as deemed necessary. Budget accountabilities include personal gas mileage and food/gifts for on-site enrollments.
• Deliver outstanding service to both internal and external service that meets or exceeds our Service Promises.
• Meet or exceed established service goals.
• Solicit Allegacy’s benefits and services to potential Sponsor Companies (presentations/benefit fairs)
• Maintain strong relationship with current Sponsor companies through on-site enrollments and servicing
• Report business development’s enrollment activities and numbers to management to view progress
• Assist Sponsor company representatives and individual members with opportunities/problems/concern
• Identify potential new members and establish their membership onsite Attend chamber, community, and Financial Center events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required. Be able to cold call and network for prospective companies. Have proven ability to close sales. Willingness to work all shifts and weekends as well as some travel throughout the state.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, attention to detail, and professional persistence are preferred. Microsoft Office and Internet skills required as well as the ability to learn internal system applications.
• Self-motivation and the ability to perform without direct supervision are required.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree or the equivalent of five years of business development experience is preferred.
• Previous financial institution experience is preferred.