Annual Salary: $32,635
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30a - 5p (w/flexiblity to meet payroll deadlines)
Since 1971, Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board has provided a comprehensive continuum of high-quality, essential, and community-based services to citizens of the Peninsula who are affected by mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders.
The Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board is seeking an experienced, reliable payroll specialist to join our financial services team. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests and processing terminations. Duties may also include checking and auditing timekeeping records, maintaining time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status. You will work collaboratively and with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Knowledge of agency payroll, financial and administrative policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of state and federal tax laws ensuring compliance and administrative requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operations of computer assisted accounting record systems.
- Outstanding skill in making complex arithmetical computations.
- Comprehensive skills in maintaining payroll records.
- Ability to work effectively with agency employees and vendors.
Full-time Benefits, include:
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Annual and Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Cancer/ICU and Accident Insurance
- Legal Resources
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Group Long Term Care Insurance
Requirements: High School Diploma, with 1 year payroll processing experience in an automated computer based system.
The selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal history fingerprint background investigation, DMV record check, Child Registry search, drug screening test and employment reference checks.