Are you a Behavior Technician - Community ABA who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you'll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of people. For more than forty years, we've provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $18.00 to $21.40 an hour. Based on your education, experience, and credentials
What You Will be Doing
Primary job responsibility is to help persons with developmental disabilities and/or mental health disorders succeed in the community, schools, work, and family integration and contribution. Services may be delivered to children or adults during the day, evening, and/or weekend based upon the client’s needs. The Behavior Technician will work with individuals and families to provide person-centered care and treatment services. Services may be provided in the home and/or community based upon client needs. Staff will primarily receive supervision through on-site and telehealth observation and feedback.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assist the client in achieving personal independence in managing their basic needs, including but not limited to coping skills, self-advocacy, self-care, communication, social skills, and self-managing leisure time.
- Facilitate the further development of daily living skills as needed, including but not limited to, facilitating personal hygiene skills, mobility, meal preparation, eating skills, toileting, dressing, showering, and care of the personal property.
- Monitor, document, and support the client’s developmental disability needs and/or mental health symptoms.
- Provide skill development opportunities specific to the consumer’s needs and treatment plan. Provide choice-making opportunities and communication opportunities whenever possible.
- Data should be collected for behaviors to reduce, and skills being taught during each session with a client and submitted daily.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant.
- Valid Ohio Drivers License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance, insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- College Degree in a related field.
- 3 years or more of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Experience in ABA Therapy
Special Skills and Requirements
- Intermediate computer and tablet skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Caring and compassionate. Desire to help others and teach new skills
- Collaboration skills and teamwork oriented.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail. Desire to help others and teach new skills
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.