Bolton & Menk is growing and we are in search of an experienced Landscape Architecture Project Manager who will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
We offer a comprehensive and innovative approach to land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, and urban design across the southeast. Striking a balance between art and science, our creativity is strongly rooted in collaboration between clients and designers to create enduring and memorable places. For over 30 years, our southeast civil engineering and landscape architecture professionals have teamed on more than 5,500 projects. Every project team is set up in a cross-disciplinary studio with engineers and designers working side-by-side from site analysis through construction administration.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for the management planning, scheduling and performance of multiple landscape architect's projects and personnel.
- Serves as primary client contact and is responsible for problem resolutions related to projects.
- Identifies the project scope and participates in the contract negotiation.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and implements corrective action if appropriate.
- Supervise and reviews schematic design phase, construction documentation and administration.
- Analyze environmental reports on land conditions.
- Plans and organizes project assignments and is responsible for the work of other landscape architects, engineers, and technicians.
- Responsible for on-going coaching, mentoring and professional development of team members.
- Leads the performance appraisal process for their team members.
- Reviews timesheets, prepares billings and responsible for collections.
- Approves and presents preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Maintains liaison relationships with regulatory agencies.
- Travels to work sites and other project related locations, as necessary.
What We Are Looking For:
- B.S. Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent program at an accredited college.
- Licensed Professional Landscape Architect (PLA)
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in profession.
- Extensive knowledge of site-related design, codes, and construction practices in profession.
- Experienced in coordinating technical efforts of others.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of technical software such as Land F/X, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, GIS and other similar applications.
- Ability to clearly express ideas through written routine correspondence including email, reports, memorandums, letters, specifications, proposals/contracts, and firm marketing material.
- Ability to present a variety of information, effectively and clearly express ideas and information, and respond to questions from and make formal presentations to clients, government regulatory agencies, the public, management, and staff.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to quickly comprehend new information and execute direction.
- Effective leader in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal direction.
- Ability to apply landscape architecture concepts to problem solving involving site design issues.
- Maintains and enhances skills through continuing education at a level sufficient to meet or exceed state licensure requirements.
Why Bolton & Menk?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms. With over 850 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk we value our people and provide an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, and generous PTO benefits. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities.
We're Social! Connect with us on LinkedIn or on Instagram.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.