Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Exhibit Attendant. We have 20, seasonal, non benefitted positions open. This position is intended to last until September 4th.
Candidates with 5 days a week availability preferred
This position serves as guide to visitors and special groups and provides information about exhibits, regulations, and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staff the public areas of the exhibit and provide customer service information and assistance to the public including: general information, educational/interpretive information, etc.
- Interact directly with and assist visitors of all ages.
- Oversee crowd flow and ensure viewing etiquette guidelines are followed by visitors.
- Provide assistance to Animal Keepers.
- Monitor the public, animals, buildings, and exhibit areas when Keepers have left the work areas.
- Close the exhibit at the end of the day.
- Staff the exhibit at special after-hours events upon request.
- Support zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to coordinate volunteers and manage crowds and difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work varying hours and a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office products specifically Outlook, internet searches, and submit online timesheets.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to interact with visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with the public including diverse populations and people of all ages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests and/or employees.
- Knowledge of the zoo, preferably gained through working at the zoo in a volunteer or staff capacity.
- Previous experience working with animals.
- First Aid and CPR.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may be higher than moderate based on the number of visitors, events, and entry areas of the zoo.
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant. This role is not remote. Successful applicants must live and work in Washington State to perform this role.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Temporary employees are eligible for the following:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave Accrual
- Working for an organization that cares about wildlife conservation!
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.