• Individual is self-motivated with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and functions as a team player.
• Must demonstrate effective communication and maintain professional composure in emergency situations with individuals of all ages.
• Must be able to demonstrate compassion with patients and families in crisis situations.
• Basic clinical skills in assessment and delivery of care for patients of all ages.
• Ability to think critically including interpretation, analysis, and evaluation.
• Positive service-oriented interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
• Computer and keyboarding skills.
• Provide patient teaching and collaborate with other health care disciplines to provide quality care.
• Computer and keyboarding skills as needed for the job.
• Ability to demonstrate competencies in ED policies and procedures as outlined in the ED Orientation Program prior to the completion of orientation.
• Occasionally, lifts and carries weights up to 50 pounds
• Performs other duties as assigned in the Emergency Department and/or as needed.