Looking for a Full-Time Mental Health Screener for our Psychiatric Emergency Screening Program at our Paramus location. Afternoon, evenings, and overnights. All schedules include a one-weekend shift, and all FT/PT positions are union positions.
You will conduct clinical mental health evaluations and assessments of children and adults, which follow N.J.S.A. 30:4-27.1 as set forth by the NJ Department of Health, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct a comprehensive mental status exam and risk assessment about a client's psychosocial history to determine an accurate differential diagnosis using the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Answer the 24-hour crisis hotline and telephonic triage
- Provide supportive crisis intervention counseling, consultation, and referrals to community resources
- Provide psycho-education and advocacy
- Complete all legal and program documentation within agency and department guidelines
- Complete the Screener Certification Basic Training
- Report to the Clinical Manager
What We Need to See:
- A Master's Degree in a mental health-related field AND 1+ year(s) full-time employment in a mental health setting post-degree OR
- A Bachelor's Degree in a mental health-related field AND 3+ years full-time employment in a mental health setting post-degree, one year of which must be in a crisis setting OR
- A Bachelor's Degree in a mental health-related field AND enrolled in a Master's program AND 2+ years full-time employment in a mental health setting, one year of which must be in a crisis setting.
- A Valid driver's license and insurable under Agency's automobile insurance policy
What We Offer:
- 401K, no matching needed
- High-plan insurance at a generous cost
- Union benefits
- Life and Disability insurance
- Per diem opportunities
- Excellent supervision and training
- Continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and eligibility for loan forgiveness
- 10% daycare discount
About CarePlus New Jersey:
CPNJ embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion in all of it policies and procedures. Care Plus follows Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, et seq and NJ Law Against Discrimination.
Care Plus NJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has clarified that asking employees whether they have received the COVID-19 vaccine is not a disability-related inquiry under the ADA. Care Plus as a healthcare provider mandates that all new hires have the COVID vaccination before the start date of employment. Requiring all employees to have the COVID vaccination is for protecting our employees and the clients we serve. Therefore, before Orientation you will upload proof of your COVID vaccination or at the very least, proof of your first vaccine shot. Failure to have this information uploaded to the onboarding portal may result in delay of your start date and/or withdrawal of the job offer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State laws.
|CarePlus New Jersey is a northern New Jersey provider of recovery-focused mental health, substance abuse, and family services that address the unique needs of individuals with a holistic approach to recovery and overall wellness.
Operating out of over 23 sites - including three outpatient centers located in Paramus, Fair Lawn, and Montclair, ten residential facilities, offices at three local hospitals, and seven community offices - our services are convenient to clients located throughout Northern New Jersey. We also provide educational programs on mental health-related topics to area schools and community groups.
For more information, visit www.CarePlusNJ.org.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State laws.