Bolton & Menk is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Design Engineer to join our Myrtle Beach team! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities! We strongly believe in providing our clients with the best service, we are looking for individuals who want to drive client relationships and business development for the market. Bolton & Menk is a consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and Southeast region.
We are looking to add a talented individual who will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A solution that can be planned for and funded. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
What you will be doing:
As a Design Engineer you will learn practical on-the-job experience serving our clients throughout Myrtle Beach.
- Assist Project Engineers with design and construction phase activities on projects
- Perform basic design computations, preliminary layout and design, research and prepare rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies
- Assist with project plans and specifications, preparing cost and quantity take-off estimates
- Construction observation activities may include performing construction staking, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City staff.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- Certified Engineer-in-Training
- 2+ years of experience in either infrastructure design and/or construction observation
- Effective interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced math skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software.(i.e. Carlson, AutoCAD Civil3D, Microstation)
- Developing knowledge of specialized design software. (i.e. hydrocad, watercad, stormcad, sewercad, xpswmm)
- Ability to obtain & maintain DOT Level 1 coursework in bituminous, concrete, grading & base construction within 1 year of employment. Erosion control and State Aid documentation training as needed
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak, and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Possess a valid drivers license as travel to various facilities and job sites may be required
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms. With over 700 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan to include medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible schedules, PTO benefits, and career development opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
We're Social! Connect with us on LinkedIn or on Instagram.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.