ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of the Courtesy Officer :
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated salary for this position is 50k.
Sign on bonus opportunity of $1000
$500 to start and $500 after 90 days
Courtesy Officer Reports to: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Manager
Direct Reports: None
As an experienced professional you will:
- Work independently and be able to communicate with Residents, Guests, Vendor and other Staff in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Employee must possess good communication skills and tact in dealing with individuals who are not adhering to the property’s rules.
- Circulate throughout property, and laundry rooms
- Report any rule violations
- Detect any suspicious activity and ensure doors and entry points are secure
- Courtesy Officer takes command and control of disturbances and disruptive behavior, involving the authorities when required.
- Be unstressed by claiming stairs and/or walking the property.
- Possess good night vision in order to detect activities in the dark.
- Be able to formulate an accurate description of a car, suspect(s) activity and compile the information in an Incident Report.
- Notify the PM of any unusual activity or report it directly to the RM, if the PM is not on duty and readily available.
- Promote a positive relationship with the Residents and other Staff.
- Respond to emergency incidents, fire alarm calls, slips, trips, falls, etc and conduct preliminary investigations; notify fire and/or other emergency services if not already summoned; accurately document information, both in written form and with a camera.
- Report all known Residents without a parking permit to the Leasing Office.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by PM and/or RM.
- Follow safe workplace rules and practices in order to prevent on-the-job injuries.
- Courtesy Officer will patrol and monitor activities on the company’s premises regularly to discourage criminals and ensure the environment is safe and secure
- Evicting trespassers and violators and detaining perpetrators while following legal protocols before relevant authorities arrive to take over.
- Controlling the entrance and departure of employees, visitors and vehicles according to protocols
- Monitoring surveillance cameras to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful activities
- Ability to operate security systems and emergency equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations
- This will be 24 hour security during the summer and 18 hours during the rest of the year. Split between 3 positions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, schedule is subject to change to cover 24/7 operations
- Ability to resolve resident concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to write and communicate professionally
- Ability to apply sound decision-making
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences
- Must have a valid Driver’s License