Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Advanced Inquiry Program Instructor. We have two, temporary, non benefitted positions open.
This position is responsible for co-instructing formal, structured, inquiry-based professional development courses at a graduate (Masters degree) level both in an online forum and onsite at Woodland Park Zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Present engaging programs and experiences, utilizing developmentally appropriate practices that inspire conservation action.
- Lead safe and educational experiences for participants involving hands-on, inquiry-based activities, and/or research projects in a variety of classroom and field conditions.
- Provide guidance and feedback to students throughout the semester.
- Assist with creation of program materials.
- Support program measurement by collecting data through varied methods, including surveys and observations.
- Transport program materials and resources. Organize rooms, program props, and materials for programs.
- Prepare and submit statistics and receipts to supervisory staff.
- Operate audio/visual equipment for programming as needed.
- Respond to student questions and concerns about course material.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in environmental science, biology, conservation psychology, education, or related field; and one (1) or more years of experience in facilitating inquiry program or graduate level course work; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to present and create mission driven programming in person and online.
- Demonstrated Experience presenting thematically based interpretive programs or classes to audiences of all ages.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and deal with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work with the public, including diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to work in multiple systems at once, G-suite, Canvass, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Flexibility in dealing with program delivery and changes in deadlines and operation protocol.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Experience with Project Dragonfly or Advanced Inquiry Programs is strongly preferred.
- A Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Pay: $23.00 - 25.00 per hour
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check, and driving record review will be required of the selected applicant. The selected applicant must reside and conduct work in Washington State.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is pleased to offer a comprehensive program of group benefits to help maintain your and your family’s health and wellbeing. These include:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave Accrual
- Working for an organization that cares about wildlife conservation!
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.