Bolton & Menk is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Project Engineer to join our Greenville team! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities! We strongly believe in providing our clients with the best service and we are looking for individuals who want to drive client relationships and business development for the market. Bolton & Menk is a consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and Southeast region.
We offer a comprehensive and innovative approach to land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, and urban design across the southeast. Striking a balance between art and science, our creativity is strongly rooted in collaboration between clients and designers to create enduring and memorable places. For over 30 years, our southeast civil engineering and landscape architecture professionals have teamed on more than 5,500 projects. Every project team is set up in a cross-disciplinary studio with engineers and designers working side-by-side from site analysis through construction administration.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Researches and prepares preliminary reports and feasibility studies and may present preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Performs CAD preliminary layout, modeling, and design.
- Performs detailed design computations.
- Assists with project design and reviews project design and preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and quantity take-offs.
- Plans and organizes project assignments while directing the work of other engineers-in-training and technicians.
- Plans and organizes construction observation and performs administration of projects.
- Performs detailed construction observation and project documentation as needed.
- Assists with mentoring and developing professional and technical staff.
- Maintains and enhances skills through continuing education to meet or exceed state licensure requirements.
- Supports business development activities including RFPs, presentations and community engagement activities while developing relationships with regulatory agencies.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum five (5) years professional experience required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of technical software such as HydroCAD, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD required.
- Thorough knowledge of site-related design, codes, and construction practices in profession required.
- Experience in land/site development required.
- Experience in coordinating technical skills of others.
- Able to apply civil engineering concepts to problem solving involving site design issues.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to make decisions with minimal direction.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage conflicting priorities.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms. With over 850 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan to include medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible schedules, PTO benefits, and career development opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
We're Social! Connect with us on LinkedIn or on Instagram.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.