ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of Regional Manager:
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated Salary for this role will be $90k
Regional Manager Reports to: Regional Vice President, Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Chief Administrative Officer
Direct Reports: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, and all onsite staff
The primary purpose of the Regional Manager is to manage, guide, direct and provide leadership for the assigned region and Property Managers. The Regional Manager will effectively manage multiple site activities and available resources to accomplish objectives. The Regional Manager ensures that properties are maintained and facilitates solutions to problems.
Regional Manager Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees all activity at the properties in their assigned region.
- Manage the financial performance of the properties by overseeing rents, collection, delinquency, occupancies, and expenditures on an ongoing basis. Addresses performance issues immediately by working with the Property Managers to build plans for correction.
- Oversees the development of annual operating budgets.
- Serves as an engaged member of the leadership team that sets direction and strategy for the region, while providing regional oversight for all goals and initiatives.
- Cultivates an atmosphere of respect and professionalism, in which team members celebrate collaboration and success. Models a solutions-based approach to overcoming challenges.
- Audits all properties in the assigned area on a regular basis to ensure that all company polices, applicable laws, and compliance areas are being followed.
- Regional Manager conducts regular inspections of properties and grounds, noting deficiencies in performance levels, and physical appearance of property. Reviews and evaluates all aspects of the property’s operations and makes recommendations to the Community Manager for changes, as needed.
- Assists in training and development of Property staff by ensuring that only the highest caliber personnel are recruited, selected, and hired to represent the company. Provides coaching, performance management, and mentorship to all direct reports.
- Works closely with the Property staff to ensure that property level issues are being heard and properly addressed.
- Reviews and approves expense reports for direct reports.
- Maintains awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicates changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with change.
Regional Manager Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge working with Tax Credit/HUD/Project Based Section 8 properties/programs
- Experience with preparation and oversight of REAC inspections
- Experience with preparation and oversight of MOR inspections
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgement and decision-making ability
- Understanding of physical property operations
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Regional Manager Required Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years of progressive property management experience with minimum 5 years in a Regional role or equivalent
- 3 -5 years’ experience with Tax Credit/HUD/Project Based Section 8 programs experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Exposure to property management software and accounting software
- RealPage/OneSite experience a plus.
Regional Manager position can include travel up to 75% based on portfolio location. The expectation is that the Regional Manager made 3 site visits per month to any property located within a 70-mile radius of home location, and 1-2 site visits per month for all other assigned properties.