Bolton & Menk is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Water Resources Design Engineer, EIT to join our team in Burnsville, MN. As a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond.
As a Water Resources Design Engineer, you will work with Project Managers and Project Engineers on designs, technical specifications, feasibility assessments, plan reviews, construction inspections and CAD activities on water resources projects.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Performing basic design computations.
- Performing CAD preliminary layout, modeling, and design.
- Developing hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Researching and preparing rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Assisting with project design and preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and quantity take-offs.
- Occasionally performing detailed construction observation and project documentation.
What We Are Looking For:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- Certified Engineer-in-Training, EIT (within 12 months of employment)
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e., AutoCAD Civil3D)
- Developing knowledge of specialized design software. (i.e., HydroCAD, XPSWMM)
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Water Resources or Environmental Engineering.
- GIS coursework or experience.
- Familiarity with HEC-RAS, TR-20 methodology, and/or unified sizing criteria.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard-working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms, a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace in Minnesota and a Des Moines Register Top Workplace. With over 850 employees in Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.