GENERAL SUMMARY (What is done and why)
Ciera Bank has been serving Texas Communities since 1890 and we now have 8 locations. We’re looking for a full time Construction Loan Funding Specialist position at our Fort Worth location. The Construction Loan Funding Specialist position is primarily responsible for entering budgets for consumer and commercial construction loans, ordering inspections, and processing draw requests in the construction monitoring software.
We do offer a competitive hourly rate (based on experience) with a multitude of benefits and a generous PTO schedule. We’ll provide training and support to help you succeed in your role and provide you with opportunities to advance your career. At Ciera Bank, we consider our employees to be one of our most valuable resources.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) or ROTH with Company Match
- Employer Paid Life/Disability/Dependent Life Insurance
- PTO Benefits w/Paid Holidays
- Incentive Award/Bonus Program
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Continuing Education/Training & Development Opportunities
- Free Checking/Savings Accounts
- Annual Company Apparel Allowance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (of the Construction Loan Funding Specialist include, but not limited to)
- Enter budgets into construction monitoring software and activates loans.
- Coordinates all site inspections for loan draws related to construction loans.
- Reviews inspection reports and draw documents for accuracy, and for conformance with the budget, loan approval, and loan agreement.
- Obtains approvals and then processes disbursements for construction loan proceeds, applicable retainage, and equity draws.
- Ensures proper insurance is in place and orders and reviews down date endorsements.
- Ensures construction loans are consistently and properly balanced.
- Obtains appropriate approval and/or waivers for exceptions.
- Prepares general ledger tickets, deposit slips, or wire transfers for construction loan draws.
- Reviews re-allocation of budgeted dollars as necessary with proper approval.
- Other duties as assigned, or as necessary to ensure smooth and correct departmental operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (of the Construction Loan Funding Specialist)
- High school diploma, or equivalent, and 3 to 5 years of loan documentation and processing experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize.
- Moderate keyboard skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Extensive knowledge of consumer and commercial real estate/construction industry preferred.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (of the Construction Loan Funding Specialist)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at an advanced skill level. Position includes extensive reading (50% or more of work time spent reading) and extensive computer usage (50% or more of work time viewing computer monitor) as well as close or highly concentrated visual work. Receive detailed information through verbal communication both in person and by telephone.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/CONTACTS (of the Construction Loan Funding Specialist)
- Internal – Extensive contact with personnel throughout the Corporation.
- External – Frequent contact with customers, attorneys, title companies, appraisers and insurance providers in order to obtain or provide information and/or assistance and to resolve problems.
- Supervision of Others – N/A
ACCOUNTABILITY (of the Construction Loan Funding Specialist)
This position is responsible for effectively assisting assigned Bank Lending Officers and for achieving individual production goals.
The Construction Loan Funding Specialist has the sole responsibility to apply expertise and judgment on the quality of the construction draw requests and has sole control over the disbursement of loan proceeds.
|Ciera Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.