ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of the Floating Property Manager :
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
Floating Property Manager
Floating Property Manager Reports to: Regional Manager & Regional Vice President
Direct Reports: All Onsite Team
We are hiring for a floating property manager for Texas.
This position will require up to 75% throughout Texas. This role is intended float throughout all properties where there is staff openings, additional projects, or preparation for city, state, and national audits, file audits, or agency audits and inspections.
The role requires in-depth experience with both Tax Credit and HUD, as well Real Page/Onesite experience. You will be reporting to the Regional Vice President but collaborate closely with each Regional Manager based on what’s needed in the specific portfolio.
The following parameters will be put in place for this traveling position:
a) guaranteed home on the weekends
b) no more than 4 days a week away from home city?
c) schedule set at least a week in advance
d) Travel is on company time
Floating Property Manager DUTIES, SKILLS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, adhering to city and/or affordable program requirements, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations.
- Generate and maximize property income.
- Accurate and on-time submission of all reports.
- Monitors supervise and direct entire property team.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local employment law as well as and all processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Affordable Programs regulations and/or other federal, state, and local requirements applicable to property.
- Floating Property Manager must have strong skills in YARDI/OneSite, EIV and TRACS program are essential.
- Maintain proper records for all applicable programs to site.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact professionally with residents, vendors, contractors, and clients.
- Mathematical skills are required.
- Proficiency in using property management software(s) used by the Company, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, OSHA Requirements, EEOC Laws, and Local, City and State Ordinances.
- Ensures office is opened on schedule and that office and model apartments are maintained in a clean condition.
- Physically walks and inspects property as required by city and or affordable program regulations and/or requirement.
- Completes move-out inspections and process per policies and/or program requirements.
- Utilizes the market information to make strategic decisions for the success of the property.
- Must be able to utilize YARDI/OneSite fully and properly to ensure accuracy of data entered.
- Floating Property Manager must be able to make money deposits and/or other operational requirements.
- Welcomes and shows prospective residents the property utilizing Company leasing techniques and expectations.
- Demonstrates leasing techniques to the leasing office team and communicates expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and manage accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective resident, a resident, an internal Company team member, or a vendor.
- Attend on-site safety meetings to discuss relevant policies and procedures and other relevant safety topics.
- Maintain required logs.
- Adhere to policy and procedure changes.
- Identifies existing and potential barriers to the successful accomplishment of property and share with supervisor.
- Host/Attend regular community team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals and expectations and identifies actions to achieve objectives.
- Leads by example for community team members in the areas of resident communication, leasing, and telephone techniques.
- Takes a firsthand approach to any necessary duties to ensure the job is completed.
- Strives to meet resident needs and create win/win situations.
- Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicate problems to supervisor.
- Manage all on-site new team member orientation.
- Maintains an awareness of training resources available and adhere to training requirements.
- Upholds ambitious standards of honesty for self and team members.
- Maintains relationships with residents, associates, and vendors on a professional level always.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS/OTHER ASPECTS OF JOB:
- Knowledge and 3 to 5 years of experience in multi-family property management.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Always have a cheerful outlook and keep a solution-based and customer-focused mindset.
- Proven employment history of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day-to-day operations.
- Maintain high legal/ethical standards in all work-related decisions.
- Take pride in quality of work and diligence.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Professional in-person and phone presence and etiquette.
- Capacity to work with little supervision using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Floating Property Manager will be asked to complete tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Partner with team to resolve issues and highlight opportunities.
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- May be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by company. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, assisting at other properties, serving on, or participating in company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.