Bilingual Social Worker needed for full-time, temporary or temp to perm position at an outpatient mental health center for older adults in Little Neck, Queens.
The social worker will:
1) Provide mental health psychotherapeutic services in the senior center satellite clinics. These services include providing intake assessments, and ongoing individual, family, and group treatment. Engagement activities include informal discussions as well as group engagement.
2) Complete all forms, such as intake documentation, treatment plans, progress notes and DFTA required documentation, within the required timeframe.
3) Participate in case conference meetings and clinical supervision.
4) In the designated senior centers provide structured and unstructured engagement sessions; mental health, substance abuse and psycho-social screenings; referrals and linkages to additional services when indicated. 5) Provide education and guidance to senior center staff when indicated.
6) Assist senior center staff with crisis management and planning for senior center members and their families as indicated.
7) Collaborate with other agencies and organizations working to address the mental health needs of seniors in the community.