ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of the Leasing Consultant:
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated hourly rate for this position is $16-17hr depending on experience.
Commission and renewal bonus opportunity
Leasing Consultant Reports to: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Manager
Direct Reports: None
SUMMARY: Assisting the manager in coordinating people, activities, and available resources to maximize the successful operation of the property. Assist the manager in ensuring the operations of the property complies with the policies and procedures, Fair Housing and other applicable laws and regulations governing our operations.
DUTIES, SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes and shows prospective residents the property utilizing Company leasing techniques and expectations.
- Demonstrates leasing techniques to the leasing office team and communicates expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls professionally and handle accordingly, whether the caller is a prospective resident, a resident, an internal Company team member, or a vendor.
- Knowledge and ability to process program applications from waitlist to move in.
- Ability to complete all application/recertification processes required through program requirements applicable to the property.
- Leasing ensures office is opened on schedule and that office and model apartments are maintained in a clean condition.
- Host/Attend regular community team meetings to communicate goals, progress toward goals and expectations and identifies actions to achieve objectives.
- Assist staff in all core business processes, including leasing, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, adhering to city and/or affordable program requirements, accounts receivable, vendor relations.
- Accurate and on-time submission of all reports.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local employment law as well as and all processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Affordable Programs regulations and/or other federal, state, and local requirements applicable to property.
- Strong skills in OneSite, EIV and TRACS program are essential.
- Maintain proper records for all applicable programs to site.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact professionally with residents, vendors, contractors, and clients.
- Mathematical skills are required.
- Proficiency in using property management software(s) used by the Company, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, OSHA Requirements, EEOC Laws, and Local, City and State Ordinances.
- Performs light housekeeping as necessary.
- Physically walks and inspects property as required by city and or affordable program regulations and/or requirement.
- Complete market surveys to assist with strategic planning.
- Attend on-site safety meetings to discuss relevant policies and procedures and other relevant safety topics.
- Maintain required logs.
- Adhere to policy and procedure changes.
- Identifies existing and potential barriers to the successful accomplishment of property and share with supervisor.
- Takes a hands-on approach to any necessary duties to ensure the job is completed.
- Leasing strives to meet resident needs and create win/win situations.
- Follows through on resident problems to satisfactory resolution and communicate problems to supervisor.
- Leasing Consultant maintains an awareness of training resources available and adhere to training requirements.
- Upholds high standards of honesty for self and team members.
- Maintains relationships with residents, associates, and vendors on a professional level always.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Leasing Consultant QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and 1 to 2 years of experience in multi-family property management and/or sales experience.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Always have a positive attitude and keep a solution-based and customer-focused mindset.
- Proven employment history of property management, sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to manage the day to day operations, preferred.
- Maintain high legal/ethical standards in all work-related decisions.
- Take pride in quality of work and attention to detail.
- Professional in-person and phone presence and etiquette.
- Capacity to work with little supervision using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Complete tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Partner with team to resolve issues and highlight opportunities.
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- Leasing Consultants may be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by company. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.
- Follow the Company’s confidentiality policy and ensure that the operations, activities and business affairs of the Company and clients are kept confidential.
§ National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) preferred.
§ Fair Housing Training and LIHTC training preferred
§ Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS)/REAC Inspection preferred.
§ Electronic Income Verification (EIV) system preferred.
§ Knowledge of HUD Subsidy Programs.
Other Leasing Consultant aspects:
- Must have flexibility to work at other properties, as required by management team.
- Function as a member of the Property Emergency Team to assist with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, freezes, etc.
- Follow the Company’s confidentiality policy and ensure that the operations, activities and business affairs of the Company and clients are kept confidential. You are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of medical information of other employees.
- Adhere to the highest legal and ethical standards/practices.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with the Company and Community procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of time clock punches and approve timecard at the end of each pay period.
- May be required to assist in special projects or activities designated by company. This may include due diligence, property acquisition/disposition, serving on or participating in company sponsored or sanctioned committees, organizations, functions, etc.