ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rainey Property Management (Rainey) offers best-in-class management services and operation of apartment communities. Rainey provides owners of multi-family communities with a full suite of property management solutions tailored to the unique needs of each community. Our team prides itself on consistently providing a high level of service to the owners and residents of the communities we manage.
Our team possesses 150+ years combined experience leading nationally recognized multifamily property management organizations. Our team members leverage in-depth market research, proven business practices, and local knowledge to create value and maximize returns for our investors, partners, and clients.
At Rainey we believe that all people deserve access to safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing regardless of income or background. By employing a hands-on approach to property management, we create healthy and happy communities for our residents while delivering efficient operating results. We firmly believe that it is possible to create value and community at the same time, and we aim to do so with the highest level of customer service.
Benefits and Pay of the Maintenance Technician :
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short/long term disability
- Life insurance is FREE
- Up to 3 weeks time off at hire
- 401K match up to 5% after 90 days with immediate vesting
- Birthday and up to 16 paid holidays
The estimated hourly rate for this position is $20-22hr depending on experience.
Renewal bonus opportunity
Maintenance Technician Reports to: Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Area Manager, and/or Regional Manager
Direct Reports: None
Maintenance Technician DUTIES
As an experienced maintenance technician professional you will:
- Provide maintenance support to ensure peak performance of all systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Complete projects/tasks in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
- Be able to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
- Follow up on assigned service requests within 24 hours
- Complete assigned daily, weekly, and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Constantly observe the condition of the community and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe condition
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis to ensure pathways to units/models, stairways and breezeways, dumpster areas, recreation areas, common areas, grounds adjacent to the road and walkways always remain neat and free of litter and debris
- Maintain the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Perform after hours emergency on-call coverage as scheduled
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests, and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- Always display a service-oriented mindset maintaining courtesy and diplomacy with residents, colleagues, management, vendors, and all external customers
Maintenance Technician QUALIFICATIONS
In addition to your technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and mechanical systems, you have a proven customer service and leadership skills. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
- Experience in maintenance and grounds keeping
- Strong HVAC experience and appliance repair
- Use of small hand tools, gas power tools, blowers, power washers as well as brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work as scheduled and for on-call emergence maintenance
- For safety purposes must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English; bilingual Spanish skills for read, write, and communicate effective are a plus
Maintenance Technician Experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years apartment maintenance experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and organize your daily work responsibilities
- Ensure excellent service standards to maintain high level of resident satisfaction
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
- Work cooperatively with others
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned
- Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is extremely critical that individuals can work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job including overtime hours. Position requires employee to be on call to perform services as scheduled or as necessary including nights and holidays
PHYSICAL, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Employs two person lift when lifting/carrying objects that weigh more than 50 lbs.
- Ability to carry, push and/or pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
- Significant amount of walking throughout the day
- Climbing up and down a ladder
- Ability to work in hot, cold and/or damp environments
- Use of general grounds keeping equipment including, but not limited to leaf blowers, snow blowers, brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- All Maintenance team members are REQUIRED to have and maintain their own tools.