To continue to propel Global Laser Enrichment (GLE) forward as a growth steamroller we are hiring a Manufacturing Development Leaderat our Wilmington, NC location (yes, you could work near the beach!).
This role will report to the Engineering Manager. This position will work closely with the various engineering teams, the Manufacturing Development Leader is responsible for the overall manufacturing readiness (including design for manufacturability) of GLE first-of-a-kind systems, equipment, and components, leading to the determination and implementation of full-rate, optimized manufacturing and production processes for the deployment of a commercial uranium enrichment facility. This individual will participate in technology design and development activities as necessary to facilitate the manufacturable implementation of GLE technology specifications and ensure that solutions will meet manufacturability, reliability, and production cost and schedule targets.
NOTE: This role is subject to the incumbent's ability to hold and maintain an NRC Q-clearance, as well as their ongoing ability to maintain nuclear site access.
About the Role:
- Identify, develop, and validate manufacturing processes, tools, and techniques as required to meet technology objectives
- Stand up and oversee in-house machining operations including, but not limited to, selection and maintenance of machining and inspection assets, shop layout and equipment arrangement, material and tooling inventories, standard procedures and practices, and industrial safety
- Participate in the exploration, design, and development of mechanical systems and components
- Lead exploration, selection, and adoption of advanced manufacturing technologies and/or materials, where appropriate
- Provide senior mechanical engineering and manufacturing domain expertise in support of various prototyping projects
- Lead and participate in engineering design reviews, with particular emphasis on design for manufacturability
- Work with engineering, procurement, and security teams to facilitate make vs. buy determinations, oversee external fabrication jobs, etc.
- Provide and support estimating of mechanical design concepts to include material costs, tooling costs, and production time
- Perform periodic programming and operation of CNC machine tools to meet project fabrication schedules, as required
- Support the general fabrication, assembly, testing, and operation of prototype systems and components as required
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules, and oversee on-time and on-budget delivery of assigned projects
- Produce high quality technical documentation including designs, drawings, BOM, technical reports, etc.
- Ensure the safe and compliant execution of manufacturing operations and lead/champion a strong nuclear safety culture which places safety at the highest priority of operations
- If required, qualify as an Area Engineer under SNM-1097 for the Company's manufacturing facilities
- Additional responsibilities consistent with the incumbent's skills, qualifications, and experience level, as applicable
- You must have an active DOE/NRC Q-clearance or equivalent (DOD Top Secret).
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of direct experience in a relevant manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in manufacturing process development
- Strong knowledge of materials and manufacturing principles, tools, and techniques
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing practices
- Proficiency in SolidWorks 3D CAD design and modelling strongly preferred
- Experience working in classified and/or highly regulated environments strongly preferred
- Self-motivated, results oriented, strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement; maintaining confidentiality with a sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative with high intellectual curiosity
- Self-aware, and with a real sense of ownership
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure, able to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
We are fast-growing and purpose driven. We are commercializing laser enrichment technology to produce nuclear fuel for safe reliable carbon free nuclear power. GLE is innovating the next generation of uranium enrichment technology in the United States and beyond.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us. Consider joining the GLE team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to encourage everyone at GLE to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of family-friendly benefits to all our employees.
- Short Term Incentive Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Paid at 100% for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Personal Leave)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Group Life Insurance Paid at 100% for Employees
- Short Term Disability Paid at 100% for Employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why GLE prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.