Position type: Full-time; Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Property Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with guests, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Respond to service calls within a reasonable amount of time.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all assigned work orders on a daily basis. Inform supervisor of any incomplete orders for rescheduling.
- Perform light carpentry, painting, door/window and plumbing repairs.
- Summer Months - Efficiently maintain pool, filters and pumps on a daily basis.
- Efficiently adjust televisions, program boxes and WIFI Service.
- Assist with shoveling walkways during or after snow events.
- Change light bulbs as reported or noticed.
- Change batteries on Smoke Detectors.
- Maintain clean common areas and parking lots.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on an on-going basis.
- Coordinate with other department personnel such as electrician, carpenter, painter when needing to complete service, replacement, alteration or new installation work.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Previous lodging engineering experience required, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, commercial kitchen and general building construction.
- Vocational training, associate degree, certification and/or apprenticeship in one or more area.
- Understand and efficiently troubleshoot, maintain and operate electrical, plumbing and boiler/furnace systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings and technical parts breakdown.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- High work ethic and self-initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates primarily in a mixed environment, both a professional office environment as well as outdoors and indoors throughout Bromley Village. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, mail machines, and fax machines as well as all forms of hand and power tools used in modern construction projects. Work outdoors (any time of year) is likely throughout the base of operations.
This is largely an active role working both indoors and outdoors, in and out of vehicles, up and down ladders, in confined spaces, and on exposed surfaces. Movement and work around the entire resort is essential in this position. Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs up and down stairs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.