Parsons Electric, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low voltage providers based in the Midwest. Since 1927, we have been tackling challenges head-on to help our customers reach new levels of success. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Parsons Electric has offices across the Midwest including Plymouth, Rochester, Duluth and Fargo.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at Parsons Electric is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with Parsons Electric begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our culture.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible for the coordination, assembly and wiring of control panels for various industrial control projects. This position interprets electrical schematics, compiles components and coordinates with project management and purchasing teams to track project materials, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates, reviews and interprets electrical schematics and mechanical prints. Compiles all required components based upon bill of materials. Maintains appropriate documentation as needed.
- Collaborates, coordinates and provides control panel leadership within project management and purchasing teams to track required project materials.
- Creates layout of control panel mechanical arrangements using squares, rules and other tools as needed.
- Mounts equipment by drilling, taping and cutting enclosures and panels according to prints and hardware instructions.
- Accurately performs wiring of control panel components based upon appropriate schematics, industry standards and agreed upon Company processes and safety procedures. Applies various methods of connection types based upon component terminal styles.
- Organizes wiring based upon voltage levels and aesthetics. Operates wire and terminal labeling equipment via computer. Performs field panel modifications as needed.
- Assists with receiving and organization of project and material inventories. Maintains clean, safe and organized shop floors and work areas.
- Practices LEAN concepts and methodologies, and influences co-workers to do the same.
- Establishes solid networks and communicates well with co-workers, customers, project managers, contractors, vendors, office staff and field personnel. Assists with problem-solving and seeks assistance as required to resolve issues.
- Accurately and confidentially maintains Company records and other sensitive business and client data as needed.
- Provides mentoring and training to co-workers as needed.
- Stays informed of new and changing Company procedures, policies, materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience performing panel wiring, electrical assembly and fabrication, or similar work in the field setting.
- Experience and skills using power tools such as drills, jigsaws and miter saws.
- Experience with direct customer contact and effective communication with employees and co-workers at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience with commercial construction and general industry OSHA safety standards and procedures.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of the project life cycle. Strong process orientation.
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN concepts and methodologies.
- Skills and experience to read, interpret and understand electrical plans, drawings and specifications.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology-focused business while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Strong team player, with effective collaboration and relationship-building skills. Willingly accepts feedback for continuous improvement.
- Skills to provide work direction, training and mentoring to others.
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, complex problem solving and detail orientation.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Strong telephone communication skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively perform job duties, manage workflow and meet deadlines, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Training and experience managing people.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.