To continue to propel Global Laser Enrichment (GLE) forward as a growth steamroller we are hiring an Classification Officer at our Wilmington, NC location (yes, you could work near the beach!). This role will report to the Security Manager. The ideal candidate is responsible for managing and ensuring the satisfactory performance of GLE's (the 'Company') classification program in accordance with classification guidance issued by the U.S. Department of Energy and/or Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
About the Role:
- Administer and oversee the Company's classification program in accordance with DOE and/or NRC guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure the satisfactory performance of the Company's classification program and maintain operational awareness of classification issues relevant to Company's plans and operations.
- Qualify and appoint Company Derivative Classifiers to classify documents, information, and materials generated by the Company, its subcontractors, and affiliates (as applicable).
- Develop and conduct initial and periodic classification training for Derivative Classifiers.
- Oversee the performance of Derivative Classifiers, ensure that such individuals remain technically competent with respect to their appointed areas of classification authority, and terminate such authorities when appropriate.
- Ensure that employees and Derivative Classifiers have appropriate and current classification guidance.
- Make classification determinations in accordance with current classification guidance.
- Analyze complex engineering and scientific information pertaining to the development and deployment of Company's technology and provide guidance and recommendations supporting the secure, compliant, and effective execution of such activities.
- Develop and conduct initial and periodic classification training and awareness briefings for all Company employees; maintain an effective classification education program.
- Perform periodic classification program evaluations in accordance with DOE and/or NRC guidance.
- Where necessary, prepare draft classification guidance tailored to the needs of Company based on current classification guidance and work with the DOE Office of Classification to obtain approval of such guidance.
- Conduct periodic reviews of classification guidance to ensure such guidance remains relevant and current.
- Evaluate the impact of new or revised classification guidance issued (or being considered) by relevant cognizant authorities upon existing classification guidance and/or the Company's plans and operations; advise Company leadership and propose updates/changes to affected classification guidance in a timely manner.
- Respond to classification challenges received and forward unresolved challenges to the DOE Office of Classification (or other cognizant authority).
- Prepare and submit declassification proposals for classified information he or she believes should not be classified in accordance with DOE and/or NRC guidance.
- Oversee and act as a subject matter expert on the Company's export controlled, sensitive nuclear technology, and controlled unclassified information programs consistent with the responsibilities listed above.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate DOE and NRC classification officials and other agencies, as applicable, to stay apprised of current classification and national security issues and concerns.
- Ensure that documents, information, and materials are properly identified, marked, and controlled in accordance with applicable guidance and/or statutes.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the Security Manager.
- Advise the GLE Security Manager regarding effective plans, policies, and procedures pertaining to the protection of classified information and materials.
- You must have an active DOE/NRC Q-clearance or equivalent (DOD Top Secret).
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience within nuclear programs.
- Must have knowledge with the content and application of classification guides.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical, engineering, or scientific discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience working with classified and/or sensitive information.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, strategically adept
- High integrity, excellent judgement; maintaining confidentiality with a sense of urgency
- Highly collaborative with high intellectual curiosity
- Self-aware, and with a real sense of ownership
- Brave, adaptable, calm under pressure, able to operate in high-pressure, chaotic situations
We are fast-growing and purpose driven. We are commercializing laser enrichment technology to produce nuclear fuel for safe reliable carbon free nuclear power. GLE is innovating the next generation of uranium enrichment technology in the United States and beyond.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us. Consider joining the GLE team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to encourage everyone at GLE to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of family-friendly benefits to all our employees.
- Short Term Incentive Program
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Paid at 100% for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Personal Leave)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Group Life Insurance Paid at 100% for Employees
- Short Term Disability Paid at 100% for Employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why GLE prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.