The Customer Service Representative provides effective customer service support for the Customer Service Department by completing calls and emails effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are a summary of the essential functions of the job. Other duties might be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities could change periodically.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to applicant/credential holder inquiries.
- Gathers information from applicant/credential holder to assist in determining whether an issue exists. Clarifies issues stated by applicant/credential holder, assists with determining the cause of any issue, and assists with expediting solutions where needed.
- Transfers calls to appropriate team members as necessary, providing all applicant/credential holder information and a brief summary of the issue.
- Closes calls by summarizing to applicant/credential holder all actions taken and confirming any follow-up needed for resolution.
- Responds to emails or transfers to appropriate team member as necessary.
- Identifies and documents quality of service issues and patterns and informs appropriate team member in order to ensure effective and long-term solutions.
- Compose email responses to support inquiries from the website regarding general questions.
- Listen and follow up on voicemails left from customers in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with a team in answering questions and completing all the tasks summarized.
- Communicates effectively through internal messaging system with all members of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work.
- Customer Focus – Genuinely cares whether the customers are satisfied and truly wants to create the best possible experience for them.
- Communication – Ability to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively in oral and written formats, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Technical Knowledge – Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products. Working knowledge of desktop publishing software.
- Prioritization – Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work in a timely manner. Ability to proactively manage and prioritize projects and activities with firm deadlines. Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years of related experience and/or training required.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Bilingual with the ability to speak, read, and write in both English and an additional language preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All positions, regardless of current work location noted on this job description, may change work location requirements from time to time based on business demand.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as simple grasping, keyboarding, or fine manipulation.
- Ability to use hands, including hand–eye coordination.
- Reaching above, below, or at waist level.
Disclaimer: The scope of the job may change based on business demands. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee at any time.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.