GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures proper staffing by overseeing the effective recruiting, hiring and promoting the right people for the right positions.
• Makes sure employees are being effectively managed on a daily basis to maximize productivity and morale; including through coaching of key leaders/employees.
• Optimizes employee performance through effective ongoing evaluations, recognition, rewards and discipline/corrective-management to produce expected results.
• Strengthens employee performance through timely training and development.
• Effectively structures the organization's systems, processes and procedures to facilitate the achievement of results and productive intra-company/inter-departmental coordination.
• Successfully resolves deviations from expected performance through systems that monitor and track performance.
• Ensures adherence to policies and procedures; and makes policy recommendations to the CEO.
• Continuously seeks new and more productive ways to achieve company goals.
• Ensures the company proactively and effectively manages customer expectations.
• Promotes, evaluates, monitors and is responsive to customer feedback; including the resolution of issues and problems.
• Read, write and speak English fluently. The ability to speak a foreign language would be advantageous.
• Complete all required paperwork legibly, neatly, and in a timely manner.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; a Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Five or more years of supervisory experience preferred and good communication skills required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) compliance requirements preferred.
• Flexible working hours; day, evening and on-call weekends required.
• Proficient in computer use and applications that support teaching and learning.
• DOT Physical, DOT Pre-employment Drug Screen and Motor Vehicle Records Check required.
• Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, frequent walking and standing required.
• Able to work well with a team.
• Able to occasionally manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, constantly changing, high demand work environment during emergency situations (e.g. break downs, driver illness).
• Possesses strong problem solving skills.
• Able to work independently, motivated by daily challenges.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and follow through.