Parsons Electric, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low voltage providers based in the Midwest. Since 1927, we have been tackling challenges head-on to help our customers reach new levels of success. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Parsons Electric has offices across the Midwest including St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Plymouth, Rochester, Duluth and Fargo.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at Parsons Electric is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with Parsons Electric begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our culture.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible to lead and manage the engineering group, part of the Company’s controls and automation business group, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations. This position directs the overall development of the engineering group with primary focus on implementation of systems integration and UL 508a panel shop execution. This position is also responsible for the creation and adherence to department standards and processes as they relate to the Company’s approved business model, goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads, creates and manages engineering standards and best practices, and provides day-to-day management for the controls and automation engineering group.
- Benchmarks with other business leaders to ensure consistent work standards, strategic goals and objectives, and policies and procedures are created and maintained.
- Creates and maintains engineering development with various software systems as they pertain to a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
- Collaborates with other leaders related to future business group development and strategy planning.
- Provides operating expense recommendations supporting the engineering group as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Monitors labor resources regularly to ensure adequate staffing during high and low workloads as well as managing vacations and other employee absences. Coordinates and prioritizes workloads and schedules.
- Assesses project issues and risks, then troubleshoots and teams with others to creatively solve problems related to systems and related issues.
- Conducts communication meetings to provide subject matter expertise and discuss work forecasts and planning needs.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of operations processes and activities (Six Sigma 5S implementation and methodologies). Educates others on LEAN and 5S approaches.
- Provides training and ensures accountability of safety and ergonomics procedures, processes and initiatives.
- Creates and maintains positive customer, vendor and community relationships.
- Maintains confidentiality of pricing, product and customer information.
- Provides high-quality hiring, training, communications, mentoring and teambuilding to staff and other co-workers as needed. Coaches employees and provides performance feedback regularly.
- Stays informed of new materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Promotes the Company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices and providing quality services and programs as they relate to clients, subcontractors, co-workers, suppliers and the public.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure.
- Minimum 5-7 years of lead systems integration work experience with a preferred concentration in manufacturing solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing people.
- Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD in electrical control schematic development and design work.
- Training and work experience with LEAN and/or Six Sigma 5S methodologies and applications, preferably in an assembly or fabrication environment. Strong process orientation. Training and work experience with LEAN and/or Six Sigma 5S methodologies and applications, preferably in an assembly or fabrication environment. Strong process orientation.
- Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings and specifications, and financial reports and documents.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Exceptional business development, relationship building and client communication skills.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum amount of information and quickly develop an understanding of the customer requirements.
- Superior listening, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and persuasion skills, as well as the ability to influence employees at all levels, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills and detail orientation, as well as to drive timely and appropriate solutions across all business lines with self-initiative and sensitivity.
- Strong hiring, teamwork, interpersonal, coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to work with and facilitate diverse work teams.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong and professional team player, with effective collaboration, organizational and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high quality documentation and report preparation. Strong telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, integrity and leadership in employee engagement.
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Experience as a project team lead in a variety of different customer scenarios, overseeing control projects with multiple systems for implementation.
- Skills and experience with UL 508a standards and common practices.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.