ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed without our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible for the design, selection and development of schematic project documents that includes designing custom electrical panels and collaborating with engineering team to identify necessary electrical, power and control components. The AutoCAD Electrical Designer will follow codes, regulations, standard industry practices and internal design guidelines to take general sketches and develop detailed diagrams and layout drawings in collaboration with the Engineering Manager and team. This position is responsible for managing specific assigned portions of projects from inception through completion and job turn over, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Convert verbal or written documents or sketches from engineers and project managers to schematic project documents.
- May create new product concepts, new electrical products, or improvements to existing electrical products through sustaining engineering practices.
- Interfaces with panel shop personnel and Engineering Manager as required to resolve questions concerning manufacturing issues or other troubleshooting needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to see where process or component changes may need to be modified.
- Use basic design tools to prepare documentation and incorporate basic design changes.
- Perform engineering support tasks under general supervision.
- Support product design by preparing design layouts, participating in design reviews, modifying existing designs and completing assigned tasks.
- Experience sourcing, assembling, or testing various electrical products or components.
- Contribute to general test procedures and specifications.
- Supports the development and maintenance of moderately complex product installation designs and part designs.
- Plan and manage projects and budget, and prepare deliverables such as material, cost and timing estimates, reports, and documentation.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, operation and performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as project management, manufacturing, and engineering, in conjunction with external partners.
- Collaborate with Engineering Manager and team to develop AutoCADe and departmental standards, including library SMART parts database.
- Stays informed of new electrical codes, materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support the Company’s core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of design processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Accurately and confidentially maintains Company records and other sensitive business and customer data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience in electrical engineering, electrical design or a related field.
- Experience and proficiency using AutoCAD Electric for electrical applications and Blue Beam.
- Minimum 3-5 years Electrical Systems Design and Design Standards preferred.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting modeling, and design development/revision.
- Experience in electrical controls preferred.
- Product design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical and technical construction and general industry safety standards, procedures and regulations, including OSHA, NFPA 70E, UL and NEC codes.
- Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings and specifications. Must have a solid knowledge of National Electrical Codes and Life Safety Codes.
- Basic project management training, experience and skills. Understanding of the project life cycle.
- Work experience with LEAN methodologies and applications. Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Strong critical thinking skills and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Effective problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high quality documentation and report preparation. Strong telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and dependability.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in electrical engineering, electrical design or a related field.
- LEAN Certification.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.