Section II: Position Summary
This position will ensure that expected quality and customer satisfaction goals are accomplished while preparing and delivering burial caskets to Funeral Homes within Wilbert Funeral Services' Casket Division territory.
Section III: Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all caskets are properly inspected and prepared before shipment
- Responsible for general personal appearance, upkeep of all equipment, facilities, and delivery vehicles.
- Follow the delivery schedule set by the warehouse manager and deliver caskets on-time to customers with great service and respect.
- Unload & receive casket replenishment inventory trucks/trailers from the Lynn, IN manufacturing facility.
- Consider safety first and comply with DOT & PPE requirements
Section IV: Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Adaptability - Effectively responds to last-minute changes to delivery schedules or timed deliveries.
Communication/Language - Must be able to communicate effectively with the home office, customers, and management.
Customer Orientation - Understands and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it to meet customers' needs by providing the highest quality products and services; acts with customers in mind; develops effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Reasoning - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Team Player - Supports team efforts; cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; builds group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation; creates strong morale in his/her team and across functions; shares wins and successes; brings a feeling of participation and belonging to the team.
Technology: Basic computer and mobile phone knowledge and Microsoft Office including but not limited to, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint