Bolton & Menk, a top regional consulting engineering firm in the Midwest is now accepting applications for a Senior Structural Project Manager. This is your opportunity to join an experienced, established staff of professionals and get in on the ground level of our emerging Structures team in Iowa. As an Engineers News Record Top 150 and Top Workplace award winning firm, this is your time to join our growing service in Iowa.
As a Senior Structural Project Manager, you will progress your career to the next level by leading design teams in addition to assisting with team development and business development responsibilities. You’ll work with project engineers and managers to complete preliminary and final design packages for various bridges and structures. In this role, you will lead the creation of studies and reports, perform design calculations, assist in plan development, write specifications, review shop drawings, and make field visits. Projects will range from highway infrastructure projects such as various interchanges, pedestrian and river crossing bridges, to retaining walls and parking structures.
- Cultivate new client relationships in dynamic markets for transportation projects to position for growth of our business in the Iowa market.
- Utilize your expertise on DOT project management and bridge project design, including replacement and preservation design.
- Work with contractors and owners to develop innovative approaches to construction staging.
- Lead junior staff and promote the growth of their technical skills.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Iowa
- Experience managing and mentoring staff.
- Experience with project management, proposal development, and business development
- Strong working technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong active listening and team building skills.
- MS in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or University
- Experience in bridge design and plan preparation
- Registered Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- Knowledge and experience with AASHTO manuals LRFD Design Standards
- Working knowledge of MicroStation and/or Civil 3D software packages
- Experience with finite element analysis
- Proficiency in common bridge engineering software (RCPier, Conspan, MathCad, Staad, etc.)
- Bridge inspection training and load rating experience
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For more than 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hardworking and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms. With more than 850 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan to include medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible schedules, PTO benefits, and career development opportunities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
We're Social! Connect with us on LinkedIn or on Facebook.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.