Bolton & Menk is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an Aviation Engineer to join our team in serving our Metro region clients! As a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond.
As an Aviation Engineer you will lead and manage the design and construction management for airport projects including extension and reconstruction of runways, taxiways and aprons; fuel systems; vertical infrastructure including hangars and AD buildings; NAVAIDS; etc. You will manage budgets and schedules for assigned airport projects as well as assist with marketing of future clients. In this role you will also serve as a client contact to airport boards at airport clients as assigned.This position could be located out of our Burnsville or Ramsey location.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for the management planning, scheduling and performance of multiple engineering projects and personnel, both design and construction
- Serves as a client contact to airport boards/commissions and airport clients as assigned
- Reviews and/or prepares preliminary reports and feasibility studies
- Performs business development activities (client needs, research, proposals, etc.)
- Coordinates construction administration and monitors documentation requirements with field staff
- Assists with the training and development of professional and technical staff
- Develops relationships with regulatory agencies
- Travels periodically to work sites and other project related location
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer, ability to obtain Minnesota licensure within 6 months of hire
- 5+ years' progressive experience in the civil engineering field, including experience working with airport infrastructure
- Experience with client relationship management and business development
- Experience in plan and specification development with construction contract administration
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hardworking and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top200 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 800 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.