The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description may be reviewed and modified at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Under supervision of the departmental manager/supervisor; responsible for providing professional services and courtesies while resolving current/past due accounts and assisting customers with their credit. Maintain adherence to bank and legal guidelines along with strict confidentiality is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Protect customer confidence and bank operations by keeping customer account information strictly confidential.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to federal and state laws regarding collection on delinquent accounts and customer contact.
- Proactively and effectively communicate with the customers by timely addressing their questions and concerns. Provide consistent professional service by remaining calm, patient, objective and courteous even when presented with difficult situations. Utilize various Bank and online resources to research and establish customer contact while attempting to aid in loss mitigation process.
- Take ownership with ensuring all bank, service center, and/or customer related queries are satisfactory addressed.
- E-Oscar: Credit Bureau Reporting (Online Solution for Complete & Accurate Reporting): Investigate and review disputes, respond and submit (ACDV) Automated Credit Dispute Verification, submit (AUD) Automated Universal Data Forms to update consumers file, compose letters.
- Bankruptcy: Code loans according to Metro 2 guidelines, file claims on PACER, complete reaffirmations, online tracking sheets, contact legal advisors and End of Month Reports (EOM).
- Board Charge Offs: Code loans according to Metro 2 guidelines, prepare charge-off sheets and EOM.
- NSF Monthly/ Daily reports: TLO (Trans Union Locator) investigate, receive electronic daily reports, update accounts on ChexSystems. Manage multiple accounts for delinquency and collection efforts.
- Credit Cards: Setup payments online, assist customers, research history, compose letters, and submit end of month reports.
- Fatal Error Reports: Review Trans Union, Experian and Equifax month-end error reports and make corrections according to the Metro 2 guidelines.
- Payouts: Process daily recoveries, compose letters and end of month reports. Visually review monthly recoveries for non-payments. Review and update attorney’s weekly reports.
- Attorney Reports: Email/ Fax documentation when requested. Research and TLO for updated employment, addresses etc.
- Foreclosures: Code loans according to Metro 2 guidelines, prepare attorney packets, notify insurance companies, update tax records, prepare online tracking sheet, and update excel.
- Repo/Repossessed Assets: Code loans according to Metro 2 guidelines. Prepare online tracking sheets, repo order, collateral perfection, SPI claims and composing letters.
- Commissioner of State Lands: Access delinquent tax notices online, check sale dates, payments or cases pulled down. Complete and mail redemption request.
- Provide exceptional customer service and execute operational excellence by greeting or speaking to customers with a smile, maintain eye contact, call them by name, stay connected in conversation, and let them know they are appreciated.
- Ensure prompt contact is made for non-payments, in accordance with established procedures. Provide quality customer service by thoroughly investigating loss amount prior to customer contact.
- Advise customers on all available payment options and work to establish a payment plan that is agreeable to all parties. If an agreement cannot be reached, then review with the customer on what steps are available for collection of overdue debt.
- Maintain and update customer’s file by documenting times and dates of contact, and any information shared with the customer about the NSF/debt.
Additional duties and expectations:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time. Required to work on site and cooperatively with co-workers; regardless of personality, presence, or communication style.
- Able to operate a keyboard, telephone, scanner, and copier. Required to have basic computer skills including general knowledge in: MS Office Outlook, typing, 10-key, as well as internet proficiency to operate internal bank software, access Chapter 13 Network, Public Access to Court Electronic Records (Pacer) and Trans Union Locator (TLO).
- Complete all on-line compliance Teal Training courses timely.
- Additional duties may be assigned or required by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Hours of Availability:
Regularly Scheduled Hours/Week: 40 hours | Mon - Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm | Extended working hours may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Candidate must be, at minimum, 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 - 2 years experience or equivalent years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Internet Banking and Debit Card usage as well as Call Center Experience preferred.
- Familiarity with fair debt collection practices account service procedures as well as procedures and policies behind debt collection.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and resolving conflicts.
Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving, engagement, inclusion, diversity and execute operational excellence. Establish a positive and productive work relationships; able to generate trust, ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Willingness to adhere to a strict ethical code of conduct.
The employee must possess sufficient mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time may be spend on the telephone and working on a computer, sitting and/or standing. The employee must have the ability to hear and articulate well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. Visual abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail and complete work projects accurately in a short amount of time, despite interruptions. The employee must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. The position also requires the ability to read and interpret documents and draft written communications.