The person who fills this role will be an ambassador for Ohio Christian University. They will establish a base of prospects and applicants, and work with them from start to finish on their journey to become an OCU student to further God’s kingdom. This will be accomplished primarily through visiting high schools and attending various college fairs. The Admissions Counselor will nurture relationships with incoming students through phone calls, texts, emails, and campus visits. It will be important that this person exudes love for OCU and shares that love with others.
Position Title: Admissions Counselor
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Location: This position reports to the Circleville Main Campus
Months per year: 12
Hours per week: 40
Schedule: Open to a flexible schedule, occasional weekends
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Any one position may not include all the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification)
- Engage interested students and families via phone call, email, and text
- Conduct on campus visits and tours
- Participate in on campus events such as Preview Days, Registration Days, and other outreach events
- Work alongside other campus departments to aide incoming students in the enrollment process
- Travel to high schools and college fairs to share OCU with others
- Other duties as assigned
Internal OCU Relationships: Students, Advisors, Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Development
According to Ohio Christian University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the OCU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude and high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional persistence and self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Independent worker
- Love for Jesus Christ
- Additional Qualifications
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must pass background check
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union, Ohio Christian University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis, unless otherwise contractually bound.
Ohio Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer