Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for a Water Resources Project Engineer to join our team and start working on a variety of interesting and complex projects for our clients in the Midwest. Now is your opportunity to work with a Des Moines Register Iowa TopWorkplace employer with great potential for career growth and opportunity as we continue to grow and serve our clients.
As a Water Resources Project Engineer, you will spend the majority of your time assisting project managers in design and construction phase activities on water resources projects. The primary focus of this position is on storm water modeling and design for transportation projects. You will assist our team in achieving our belief that all people should live in safe, sustainable, and beautiful communities. We take pride in our ability to provide technical planning and engineering services to make that happen.
We are looking for candidates who possess a high capacity for self-motivation and can apply engineering and water resources knowledge to a variety of projects. In addition, you must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and staff from various agencies.
What you will be doing:
- Performs detailed design computations
- Performs preliminary layout, modeling and design.
- Researches and prepares rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Assists with project design and preparation of plans and specifications and prepare cost and quantity take-off estimates.
- Assists with plan reviews, storm water pollution prevention plans, design of storm water facilities, and storm water management planning.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Water Resources or Biosystems engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution with an emphasis in, or elective courses in, water resources is required
- Minimum of Four (4) years of progressive water resources design and construction experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) or able to obtain PE within 12 months
- Experience must include hydraulic and hydrologic modeling
- Masters Degree in Civil or Water Resources Engineering.
- GIS coursework or experience.
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation, GeoPAK Drainage, HydroCAD, P8.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top200Workplace in Minnesota. With over 800employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here:https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.