Social Worker needed for full-time, permanent position in Forest Hills to provide program leadership for career and employment programming and assist, by providing activities that support youth ages 14+ with preparation for gainful employment.
· Oversee any onsite job readiness program(s) (e.g., YA WORC), including enrollment and scheduling of program cycles.
· Oversee any onsite internship programs (e.g., Mentored Internship Program).
· Identify resources which support individual career goals for youth (e.g. educational/vocational programs, internships, trainings).
· Manage and report out on employment and career development outcomes.
· Manage data collection, update databases and submit all necessary reports in a timely manner.
· Build relationships with external programs and employers to serve as pipeline. · Work with direct reports in assisting youth who are seeking employment (i.e. Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), Seasonal, PT and FT).
· Oversee and help young people apply to external programs, including vocational and workforce development programs (after speaking with their Coach).
· Ensure youth participate in workshops, training programs, and employment events. · Meet with young people who are not on a college-bound track (or who have left college) to explore alternative post-secondary pathways and career paths in line with their interests and skills.
· Work collaboratively with internal agency staff to identify employment needs of youth. · Assist in facilitation and development of Independent Living Skills workshops. · Participate in multidisciplinary clinical team meetings, as needed.
· Participate in case conferences and the various Learning Communities as scheduled and needed.
· Assist department in coordination of special events.