Are you a Direct Support Professional who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where youll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the Akron I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential ofallpeople. For more than forty years, weve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- 80 hours of paid time off.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range:$16.80 to $17.75 an hour. Based on your experience.
$600 SIGN-ON BONUS:
- $300upon completion of training
- $300upon completion of 6 months of work
Available Work Schedules ( Full-Time & Part-Time)
- Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Friday, Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 p.m. -8:30 a.m., Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:00 p.m. - 10:00 a.m.
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. Our DSP team members work in conjunction with the comprehensive Boundless team to ensure those that we serve can live a Boundless life.
- As a DSP, you will serve as a friend, mentor, and support-person to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- You will provide individualized direct care, lead socialization activities, help develop daily living skills, and assist with daily living needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and written
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant (training will be provided if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Drivers License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles--no more than five points on your driving record.
- Proof of auto insurance.
- One-year experience working with intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail-oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.