Are you a Community Registered Nurse who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will provide and supervise the provision of behavioral health nursing services for individuals served within the community, including in our supported living and behavioral health services. The Community Registered Nurse (RN) will supervise the management of health care for individuals living served, ensuring that the individual's medical and wellness needs, and personal outcomes are met. The RN will oversee the work of the LPN and direct service professionals as applicable. The RN will be competent while delivering care to persons we support by utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. The RN will effectively interact with individuals served, their families, our Boundless associates, and other health team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing. Services may be provided on an individual, group, or family basis in the office, via telehealth, in home environments, or in other settings within the community. .
Primary Job Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides supervision and consultation to the Direct Service Professionals in the overall management of health services with particular attention to the identification of health and wellness needs. Oversees plans to meet these needs.
- Serves as the medical liaison with individuals served, families, physicians, and significant others. Assist with coordination of care as needed.
- Provides training and observations related to CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration, administering G-tube nutrition and insulin as well as other health care factors and treatment. Maintains records to ensure that staff has the required training in Medication Administration.
- Provides regular review of medical and nursing practices and required documentation requirements. Ensures that the information in the medical record is maintained and meets regulatory standards. Monitors and ensures compliance of all DODD, ODH, MHAS, and other regulatory requirements.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team working with other professional staff assessing, developing, implementing, evaluating, and modifying care plans to best support the needs of the individuals.
- Provides consultation and education services to staff, individuals, parents, and significant others regarding health and safety-related issues.
- Participates in the admission of new residents to Supported Living homes.
- May provide supervision and consultation to LPNs in other Boundless programs.
- Performs the duties of the LPN in their absence.
- Provides medical and wellness input to various assigned committees for strategic planning, policy development, and quality assurance.
- Attends meetings and training as necessary.
- All other assigned duties.
- Associates Degree in Nursing or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience.
- Current RN license in the State of Ohio.
- Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant. Med certified. (Training will be provided, if not already certified).
- Valid Ohio Driver's License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance; insurable driving record (five points or fewer).
- COVID Vaccine.
- Previous experience working with persons with intellectual & developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health issues and other complex needs.
- Minimum of five years of nursing experience with one year of supervisory experience.
- One (1) year of experience in the field of Community Behavioral Health.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The job will also operate in the community and the homes of individuals served, where the person will be exposed to viruses, diseases, and infections from patients and specimens in working that environment or other clinical environments.
Travel is required and is primarily regional during the business day, includes traveling to various client homes or Boundless locations to provide services and supervision.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.