Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Marketing Coordinator. We have one, full-time, benefitted position open.
APPLICATION PRIORITY DATE: February 6, 2023
Act as support on media buying, sponsorships, and marketing’s social media efforts as well as a secondary contact and assistant for all marketing advertising plans, projects, events and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Director of Marketing & Advertising in all aspects of in-house media buying agency including but not limited to ad fulfillment, advertising trafficking, advertising analytics, and serve as secondary contact for media companies.
- Support Marketing Manager: coordinate overall sponsorship goals which includes but not limited to: assist in creating sponsorship opportunities; assist in creating sponsor target lists; producing copy and layout for sponsorship proposals and sponsorship recaps; take the lead in preparing and presenting select sponsorship proposals, as assigned; sponsorship contracts and invoicing.
- Support planning and execution of select marketing and promotional events for the zoo.
- Participate in event planning, including assistance in facilitating needs generated by sponsors and promotional partners.
- Coordinate sponsor fulfillment including but not limited to any on grounds activation coordination and execution, and managing sponsor approval of advertising assets and promotional collateral.
- Assist in producing information regarding events and promotions to ensure consistent messaging for press releases, website, member magazine, gate fliers, social media, or other marketing promotions collateral.
- Support Marketing department for marketing events and promotions regarding sponsorship stewardship from planning to onsite execution, including, but not limited to Spring Spectacular, A Bug’s Eye View, ZooTunes, WildBites, Brew at the Zoo, Pumpkin Bash and WildLanterns.
- Assist in audience research and analysis of zoo audiences for marketing purposes.
- Manage on grounds signage matrix and placement of marketing table tents and bathroom stall signage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with people inside and outside of the organization, including cold-calling potential clients.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks by organizing and prioritizing work assignments.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible/extended schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institutions’ Core Values.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field; 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred. Experience planning and executing events preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid Washington State Driver’s License Required
COMPUTER SKILLS Solid knowledge of and experienced with Microsoft Office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), customized databases and technology, and Internet research. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required for revenue/cost analysis purposes.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: $25-$28 per hour plus benefits
APPLICATION PRIORITY DATE: February 6, 2023
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid WA driver's license with a safe driving history. A criminal background check and driving record review will be required of the selected applicant. The selected applicant must reside and conduct work in Washington State.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is pleased to offer a comprehensive program of group benefits to help maintain your and your family’s health and wellbeing. These include:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 11 paid holidays, 2 personal holidays
- Vacation and sick accrual
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free zoo membership that includes zoo admission and discounts
- 4 complimentary tickets per year plus other discounts and perks
- Free staff parking
- Working for an organization that cares about wildlife conservation!
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.