The CNC Machine Operator is responsible for the manufacture of parts per plant specifications in an accurate and timely manner utilizing manual and CNC machine centers.
2. Consistently able to design and develop accurate programs in a timely manner.
3. Reliably able to run both new and repetitive jobs effectively.
4. Set-up, check programs and operates numerically controlled machine tools and/or CNC machining equipment to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements. Requires the ability to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
5. Understands program format and fixturing. Able to arrange, mount and secure work piece in absence of fixturing.
6. Set stops: calibrates fixturing to appropriate reference points. Installs programs and/or cards in consoles reader and correlates machine position with controls. Manually cycles machine through an operation sequence to check fixture and work positions, tooling, clearances, speeds, feeds, etc. Adjusts machine or console to correct deviations from program specifications.