Are you a Behavior Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- 80 hours of paid time off.
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
Pay Range: $18.00 to $21.00 an hour. Based on your experience, education, and credentials
Sign-On Bonus: $1200 SIGN-ON BONUS -- $600 once training is completed and you are working in the home. Additional $600 on six-month anniversary pay.
Available Work Schedules (Full-Time)
First Shift: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Second Shift: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
Third Shift: 12:00 am - 8:00 am
What You Will be Doing
This position will be working directly in an emergency residential therapeutic setting with individuals in need of behavior stabilization. Constant engagement with and supervision of individuals will be a requirement for staff. This will include programs specific to the individual's needs based on their ISP; implementation of Applied Behavioral Analysis (which is a highly scheduled, intensive therapeutic approach to teach expected behavior and life skills); implementation of highly structured Behavior Support Plans and other approaches that the team determine appropriate for the individual. Crisis intervention is likely for issues including self-injury, aggression, and high-magnitude disruptive behavior.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years of experience working with intellectually or developmentally disabled individuals and experience implementing. ABA or college degree in a related field.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing.
- First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; proof of auto insurance.
- No more than 5 points on license.
Physical and Environment Requirements
- The physical activities for this position involve:
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Carrying (up to 50 lbs)
An individual in this position will be exposed to the following environmental conditions when performing duties:
- Inside Environmental Conditions
- Outside Environmental Conditions
- Exposure to Blood
- Exposure to Bodily Fluids
- Combative Residents
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.