GENERAL SUMMARY (What is done and why)
Ciera Bank has been serving Texas Communities since 1890 and we now have 8 locations. We’re looking for a part time Teller/New Accounts Representative position at our Burleson location. The Teller position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of customer services such as cashing checks, receiving and processing deposits, payments and withdrawals for individual and business accounts.
We do offer a competitive hourly rate (based on experience). We’ll provide training and support to help you succeed in your role and provide you with opportunities to advance your career. At Ciera Bank, we consider our employees to be one of our most valuable resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Of Part-time Teller/New Accounts Representative)
- Accepts and processes checking and savings deposits including night deposits; inspects deposit tickets and deposited items for completeness and correctness; validates customer receipts. Places holds on accounts to identify uncollected funds.
- Cashes checks and savings withdrawals within prescribed limits.
- Sells and prepares cashier’s checks.
- Prepares daily totals and corresponding tickets for transactions. Assembles and prepares, within established schedule, all transactions for timely processing.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate supply of currency and coin; balances cash drawer according to established schedule and performance standards. Sells excess coin and currency to vault, or buys coin and currency to maintain minimum but adequate drawer supply.
- Performs proof capture.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding basic account information (e.g., account balance, check clearance, etc.). Prints account history, researches and resolves problems, initiates and follows up research requests and may refund fees when appropriate.
- Provides customers with product information.
- May open or close branch, main vault or night deposit vault for the day.
- May open, replenish or balance branch’s ATM machine according to established schedule.
- Processes change orders.
- Welcomes and interviews customers and prospects to acquire information and define personal and business financial needs; recommends and sells retail products to meet their financial needs and opens appropriate new accounts. Enter new account information into computer system.
- Provides customers services such as telephone account transfers, check orders, notary services, and account closures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (Of Part-time Teller/New Accounts Representative)
- Moderate math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Advanced PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet, platform and teller applications.
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to explain all retail products and services in order to sell Bank products and services and to respond to customer inquiries.
- Ability to understand and apply teller and new account services, policies, and procedures including Bank Secrecy Act and Audit requirements.
- Ability to understand and operate retail computer systems and applications.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, or equivalent, and 6 months’ cash handling experience in a retail environment. Completion of in-house Teller & New Account training a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Of Part-time Teller/New Accounts Representative)
Work involves standing and walking for extended periods of time and potential eyestrain from reading detailed printouts and computer screen. Deadlines, disgruntled customers and workloads during peak periods may cause increased stress levels. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as cash drawer, files, documents, coin, and computer printouts; occasionally includes moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/CONTACTS (Of Part-time Teller/New Accounts Representative)
- Internal – Primarily within own Branch; occasional contact with associate at the Bank’s main location or other branches for product support and problem research or resolution.
- External – Extensive contact with customers to provide customer service, product information, and business development.
- Supervision of Other – N/A
ACCOUNTABILITY (Of Part-time Teller/New Accounts Representative)
This position is responsible for the management of assigned cash drawer, growth of new account customer portfolio, accuracy of transactions received and processed, and for providing quality customer service.